SAU Community

Drag Combat Aftermath

GTS-t VSPEC

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd start this thread to thank all of those that came down to watch and participate in Drag Combat. I think the event was very successful, and will only get bigger and better over the next few years.

We had our Official SAUWA Club launch aswell, and we had lots of people sign up. If you missed out then don't worry, we'll setup another method of join up:D

A huge thanks to Liz, Dan, Alex, and Lauren for running the SAUWA tent in my absence, and to Al(Sexzilla) for designing the shirts and Membership Cards.

If you have any constructive feedback about the running of Drag Combat, then please feel free to post it here or PM me.

Also congratulations to Got Boost, LagWagon, ND4SPD and Subky for there great efforts, well done guys:D

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good event, enjoy myself soo much, meet alot of SAUWA people all very friendly and helpful thanks 2 sil80 for helment and the guy running the the r33 without his mines ecu i forgot your name thanks for the key 2 up my boost, ohh yeah and thanks amys u where also very helpful :) thanks for showing me your sunburn :( got all excited when u started 2 take off your top :D

all and all was a great day, i have about 6+ hrs of video that my friends took just wait, to divx it 2 the pc then i will get it around to everyone.

ohh yeah and i ran a 14.3 @ 0.5Bar of boost

ahaha yeap ken, i was racing Paul aka gts-tvspec in the knock out round for RWD6, so i through screw it im going out with hazards on heheheehe

ohh yeah and i remember watching all those jap videos of street drifting and draging and they had there hazards on so i through it was a good idea :rofl:

yea i came down and watched but didnt stay for the eliminations. how was the track, what were you guys 60's like. paul a saw a flat 13 from your car i think (grey with the red rimed mags?) I think its prob got a bit more in it, you must have been rushed to get it ready it time as i saw it at sst not fully together the same week.

hey good work sean knocked down your time a little more, hope to see you on a japspec cruise soon with my new turbs :rofl:

good turn out of skylines, great effort, thanks for the entertainment

dont complain about your turbo now mikey

get you some dump/front pipe / buy some new tyres and a safc and up that boost a tad

i had a great time, Aidwin i didnt get to see you down there. i still got to pic up that cam cover from you...doh

good to see such a large turn out of skylines wicked

Well I thought it was OK - good foundation to build on. From watching the racing this is how I sum it up:

* Paul (GTSVSpec) - car seemed to have plenty of go - just no traction. I think your wasting your time at the drags with street tires paul, you need to get a proper set of slicks for the whale. I would watch you off the line going onwhere really and then about half track the car would stick and take off like a rocket. No slicks = wasting time , thats how I some up Pauls monster of a motor.

* GOT BOOST - very impressed. Fark you left the line hard and kept pulling hard all the way down the track.. I was very impressed. Stand out performance. (ps - what turbz u running/)

* Drifta - Did some awesome burnouts - but trying to race with those low profile street tires was a disaster. NO traction = crap times. looked like you were enjoying yorself though - good on ya.

* Nizmo - I feel for you Laurn, I dont really know what was going on with your car - seemed very slow even from the stands. I saw you where ver dissapointed with it performance in you whore town comments..... hope you sort it soon Laurn.

* Erik - well your car looked good, did some decent burnouts - but geez it was slow. Sorry Erik Im not having a go, just wandering why you were constanly running 14's and 15's and even higher at times......

* Ant - no need to say anything - awesome.

Other mentions -

That MkIV supra painted in silver pearl was awesome to watch...... running full slicks in the back that thing took off like a absolute animal off the line and once the wheels stuck went into hyperdrive..... i saw it run a 11.2 in qualifing... and it had heaps left......

Daniel