SAU Community

Can A R33 Gtr Intercooler Go On A Gtst?

zachurley

I fitted a full R32 GTR cooler setup to my gtst, complete with factory bov's and recirc pipe, I really don't imagine the 33 being that much different. There was some drilling of holes to bolt brackets to but the GTR utilises bulkhead fittings (for want of a better term) which should make it less defectable. The two pipes under the air filter on a GTR are the turbo outlet to intercooler (larger) and the bov return (smaller). It's actually quite a nice, tidy solution.. grab a workshop manual and have a good look, I've attached the 32 exploded diagram :thumbsup:

P.S. the piping is BIG though, 3.15" (80mm) from memory

post-31803-0-65694200-1325495647_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...

Haven't been able to find a good answer (yet) so I'm reviving a dead thread -- hope that's OK! 

I'm taking delivery of a 2000 260RS in a couple of months, and am starting to buy parts now, especially since some of them have a month-long lead time. 

Does anyone have a photo (or description) of the differences between an R33 GTR intercooler and the 260RS intercooler?  I imagine the tabs and piping will be different to suit the chassis, but since the car has the RB26 in it, I assume the core would be the same? 

How much work would it be to buy a BCNR33 kit and fit it to the WGNC34?  The options for the 260RS are all thinner or smaller than their R33 equivalents, and that just doesn't sit well with me... ?  It has an RB26DETT in it dammit, it better have a GTR intercooler too!!  ?

Wait til the car turns up. The intercooler will be perfectly adequate for the engine which is no ball of fire. If you plan to modify it with a massive single then you can get an appropriate intercooler at that stage.