SAU Community

td05 vs. td06

i have an r33 rb25 and i looking for a good turbo that has plenty of low-end, good responsiveness, and pulls all the way to redline. I'm looking for 375-400 whp and am stuck between a td05h-18g and a td062-20g. which turbo suits the rb25 better and uses the stock manifold? this is my set-up for far:

-nismo 550 cc injectors

-sard fpr

-greddy fmic

-greddy intake plenum

-3" cat-back

-3" down-pipe

I dont think the td05-18g will get you to 400hp the td06-20g should. Mine made 339hp @ 1bar the engine has gone in to be rebuilt with forged pistons and I expect we should see 400hp at reasonable boost levels. Before I killed the engine I drove around on 1.2bar (thats how I killed it) and the difference between 1 and 1.2bar was huge in the seat of pants region... didnt get a chance to dyno it as it developed a misfire and then piston 3 and 6 ringlands went. I also think on trust's website they recommend the td06-20g for the r33 and the td05 for the sr20, i have the huge 16cm^2 exhaust housing and it makes full boost by 4300rpm if you went for a 12cm^2 it should come on a bit quicker but you might loose a bit of top end, my car pulls hard all the way to the redline (which was set at 7500) but we might take it to 8000rpm as it still pulling hard. The only problem with my car (nothing huge) is that to get the most out of it you have to pull it to the redline and then shift, any short shifting will result in dropping out of the power band and the turbo having to spool back up again. If you want more info PM me.

Both the TD06 20G's i've played with have both maxed out at around 330-340rwhp they just simply ran out of flow no matter how much boost after about 20psi there were no gains, The TD06 25G will get you around 435-435rwhp

Guest INASNT
do you think a td05 has the potential to dip me into the 12's? i'm really shooting for 375ish whp and want something a lot more responsive than a turbo that's going to spool at 4000 rpm.  what hks turbos compare to these size mitsu turbos? what about a gt2530?

A 2530 will give u good low down power but not much top end. Its only slightly bigger that the stocker. If u want a HKS turbo go for a 3037.

U will always have to live with a bit of lag if u want near 400rwhp.

u dont need a big turbo to dip into the 12's. Infact from memory someone on here has done a 12 with stock turbo. Something a little bigger would easily give u the power thats needed to pounce ur car across the line for a 12 but its not just the turbo thats gonna help u reach that goal. If u got the launch, traction, gear changes right then ur looking good. TD05-18G would do a 12 in ur car, if a stocko turbo can get someone into the 12's then most turbos wil. goodluck.,

i think i'm going to use the td06-20g with a 10cm^2 exhaust housing. i believe that this turbo would be well suited for the street and still be able to put down 350+ hp. As for 1/4 mile times; the engine is an R33 Rb25...however...the car is a 1996 240SX(lighter) so we'll have to just wait on times slips, and dyno runs.

banzai have Td06-25G's for sale for 2300 brand new. www.banzaimotorsports.com.au

They are advertised for $2400 and Banzai rate them at 600hp. (don't think so)

Very plain compressor housing...looks like a cheap copy...Doesn't look like a Greddy Turbine and isn't plated as such. The picture of the TD05 above it, is a Greddy turbo. The two TD06 SL 20G's I have, looks the same as the Banzai picture of the TD05...except larger in size and rated at Genuine 450hp each. The quality of my TD06's is a lot higher than the Banzai 25G pictured.

Though the Greddy TD06 - 25G had an internal wastegate, not external?????

happy hunting

Phillip