SAU Community

R34 Rb26 Coils On R32 Rb26 Head With Haltech Sport 2000 Ecu?

Scando

Hi All,

I'm building a 26/30 for my 240Z. I have a Haltech Sport 2000 in the car from the previous engine with the generic loom the computer comes with and plan to use this to run the RB. I'm using the head off an R32 RB26.

I'm currently shopping for a set of Splitfire coilpacks and was wondering if I could use a set for an R34 GTR so that they have the built in igniters? I thought it would be a bit tidier than using the R32 items and a seperate igniter.

Am I likely to run into any problems? Do the R34 coilpacks have the same physical dimensions as the R32 items, ie, will they fit?

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has used R34 GTR coilpacks with an aftermarket ECU which isn't plug and play.

Thanks,

Shane

Edited by Scando

Thanks guys, so I'm better off just sticking with the R32 setup and putting up with the extra bit of wiring in the engine bay by the sound of it?

If the haltech has built in igniters there will be no extra wiring . And yes they fit . They are all the same rails . I'm using rb25 rails with r32 split fires in an r34 rb26. Lol