N1GTR

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys,

I am hoping to sign up this week, first timer... just picking up my car this week (only just getting back into an import after years out of the scene).

What is the age restriction for passengers?, I noticed there is a Entrant under 18 years parent/guardian approval, but wanted to double check as my 15yr old brother is keen to come along and be a passenger if he can. I am assuming I just need to fill out the Entrant form again for him with me listed as the Driver?

Also, I will sign up for SAU membership and CAMS license on the day with pre-filled forms if that's suitable?

Will ensure fire extinguisher is in the car this weekend and buy a helmet for us both ASAP.

Thanks guys, looking forward to coming along!

Hey guys just a few quick question me and a mate are currently in the middle of building an r31 drift car it has a locker unfortunatly it wont be manual by this event but the car isnt registered and is gutted is it okay to bring it along to this event as we will be first timers i just wanted to make sure before we trailer it all up and pay cheers

Hey guys,

I am hoping to sign up this week, first timer... just picking up my car this week (only just getting back into an import after years out of the scene).

What is the age restriction for passengers?, I noticed there is a Entrant under 18 years parent/guardian approval, but wanted to double check as my 15yr old brother is keen to come along and be a passenger if he can. I am assuming I just need to fill out the Entrant form again for him with me listed as the Driver?

Also, I will sign up for SAU membership and CAMS license on the day with pre-filled forms if that's suitable?

Will ensure fire extinguisher is in the car this weekend and buy a helmet for us both ASAP.

Thanks guys, looking forward to coming along!

Age limit is 14 and yes you're right, forms have to be signed by guardian/parent etc and of course proper clothes and helmet need to be worn. Both he and yourself will fill out separate forms for him being a passenger. Only drivers fill out the one you can download right now, the passenger ones are only available on the day. Please dont list him on your drivers entry form, instead leave an extra 5 mins at sign on to fill out the form for him and sign it.

Yes signing up for club and for L2S is fine on the day too, all in all you'll need 10 mins at sign on for all that so please come with enough time spare.

Can recommend the "Sydney Motorcycle shop" (locations around Sydney, google it) for helmets. Not too expensive for the plain black open faced versions.

Any other questions just ask!

Hey guys just a few quick question me and a mate are currently in the middle of building an r31 drift car it has a locker unfortunatly it wont be manual by this event but the car isnt registered and is gutted is it okay to bring it along to this event as we will be first timers i just wanted to make sure before we trailer it all up and pay cheers

Locker is no problems.

Being auto is fine too - manual isn't a requirement.

As long as it meets the requirements of having an effective muffler (eg would pass rego) and not a wastegate venting to atmosphere then you're fine.

Please write on your forms that you're multi entering a car, it makes our lives a bit easier

Sweet thanks for that...... yer we both on our ps so it use to be a daily so its non turbo auto at the moment haha so she far from loud or special but we all have to start somewhere.... thanks mate

Age limit is 14 and yes you're right, forms have to be signed by guardian/parent etc and of course proper clothes and helmet need to be worn. Both he and yourself will fill out separate forms for him being a passenger. Only drivers fill out the one you can download right now, the passenger ones are only available on the day. Please dont list him on your drivers entry form, instead leave an extra 5 mins at sign on to fill out the form for him and sign it.

Yes signing up for club and for L2S is fine on the day too, all in all you'll need 10 mins at sign on for all that so please come with enough time spare.

Can recommend the "Sydney Motorcycle shop" (locations around Sydney, google it) for helmets. Not too expensive for the plain black open faced versions.

Any other questions just ask!

Thanks a million, just one more, with the passengers form, if it needs to be completed on the day am I able to complete/sign it as his "guardian" (for the day), seems a little hard to make our folks trek to sign the paperwork, if they *must* sign it, any chance of getting it before the day?

Hope to meet and greet a few folks there... even if I am not ready in time, think I will still show up to check it out.

Will check out Sydney Motorcycle shop and my local Motorcycle shop also, I have been looking at the eBay store recommend in the "So You've Never Done Texi Before?" thread. (Was looking at http://www.ebay.com....tm/260690153814 or http://www.ebay.com....tm/230361173743 depending on whether or not open face suits me better, but will drop by the local shops first to get a feel).

Edited by digitalmayhem

Sweet thanks for that...... yer we both on our ps so it use to be a daily so its non turbo auto at the moment haha so she far from loud or special but we all have to start somewhere.... thanks mate

All good mate, it'll give you a new appreciation for your car and teach you to be a bit better driver (more in control). Keep in mind this stuff is purely for the track though! :)

Thanks a million, just one more, with the passengers form, if it needs to be completed on the day am I able to complete/sign it as his "guardian" (for the day), seems a little hard to make our folks trek to sign the paperwork, if they *must* sign it, any chance of getting it before the day?

Hope to meet and greet a few folks there... even if I am not ready in time, think I will still show up to check it out.

Will check out Sydney Motorcycle shop and my local Motorcycle shop also, I have been looking at the eBay store recommend in the "So You've Never Done Texi Before?" thread. (Was looking at http://www.ebay.com....tm/260690153814 or http://www.ebay.com....tm/230361173743 depending on whether or not open face suits me better, but will drop by the local shops first to get a feel).

I'm not sure as a brother signing for guardian, insurance can be picky like that. Send me your email address and I'll get the form sent in advance.

Go and try on open face and full face, you'll know pretty quickly which is the right one for you. The regulars at Texi for the most part use open face FYI, but go with what feels right to you