SAU Community

Repair Stuff

Vera

Hello everyone.

Today was a sad day for me. I found out I'm in need of some new wheel bearings (specifically the rear right ones) and a steering rack end.

the parts are priced reasonably, but im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for cheap labor thats actually good. I talked to trojan today and their labor costs are causing the repair costs to easily hit $1000 which im not exactly happy with spending at the moment.

that would help heaps if someone could. So far Kasko is looking in to it. Basically 1 grand at the moment for my car just isn't worth it, which is pretty sad to say. The wheel alignments and stuff the car will need after can be done cheap, so thats not a problem

quote from trojan was like $330 for bearings, 80 for pressing, 165 for rack and they wanted to do a wheel alignment. I did a bit of research, dont think a bearing will be too hard, but its beyond me

actually the labor worked out to be more than parts. I think I'll order the parts first, then consider doing it myself/getting help.

but can someone explain the whole bearing situation; when someone says the bearings need to be pressed in, is that the bearings or the assembly? cause I read a thing on here before and im pretty sure the guy just jammed that stuff on

well me and my dad we changed the front right one on my brothers R34gtt and it was not to hard. basically dad did all the work, i was just passing him the tools lol. Hes Fixing my R33 and also the R34 at the moment but if we were not busy we could have helped you out. ill ask him about the rear ones and let you know whats the story with them.

Cheers

Shiv