SAU Community

Cheapest place for HKS or Trust turbos?

I know this possibly should be in the wanted area but i think this can benefit all the forced induction guys. I often see people talking about good deals they got, or how they have "connections" and "know people" to get cheap turbos. Well...share the wealth then! I'm looking for a used HKS GT2535 w/ a T3 flange or a TD06-20G turbine and i'm having a hell of a time finding quality, cheap, 2nd hand turbos. Anyone.....?

I know this possibly should be in the wanted area but i think this can benefit all the forced induction guys.  I often see people talking about good deals they got, or how they have "connections" and "know people" to get cheap turbos. Well...share the wealth then! I'm looking for a used HKS GT2535 w/ a T3 flange or a TD06-20G turbine and i'm having a hell of a time finding quality, cheap, 2nd hand turbos. Anyone.....?

is there such a thing as cheap second hand turbos? not many reasons to pull a perfectly good turbo off a car just to offload it cheap, hence the fact cheap ones are usually farked and the good ones are still too pricey.

If you buy from OS, just be aware that you are gambling.

You may get it past customs and not pay duty, then GST (and they include the cost of post) - and you may not.

If not, you may possibly find it was cheaper to source locally. Remember too, that if you buy from OS you dont get a warranty.

I have bought some gear from OS, but I have bought a fair bit of gear locally, as when I compared the cost, the possible saving of a few dollars didnt outweigh the risk and the total cost I would have been up for if I bought OS. Whilst I have never been hit duty and GST, I know people who have and it ended up costing them more than buying locally.

Best bet would be to see what it would cost locally, then compare the OS price and then figure in how much duty and gst you may have to pay - that way if you decide to import yourself, you wont be caught unawares.

I can recommend D1 Garage as a good place to look locally, I have bought alot of gear off them, and found their prices as good as it gets here in Aust.