SAU Community

Has Anyone Ever Got An Exemption To Drive A Turbo Here?

reeceo21

Hey fellas im in a bit of a pickle at the moment and was wondering if you guys could help !

Ill give you the story :/

Well about 6 months ago i got done for having high beams when not permitted and then about 1 month ago i got pinged for no seat belt. Now that racked up for demerit points and i have the option of losing my license for 6 months or going on a safe driver agreement for 3 yrs with 1 demerit point :( I live in SA and both of which will put me on the new laws which is no turbo powered cars even though the lil rb20's are weak. If any one has recieved an exemption i was wondering if they could put some tips in for the application. Here is what i was thinking so far

- I have an r32 gts4 which i have had before i lost my license but has never been regod in SA but states the vehicle was brought 3 months ago

- It is unreasonable to live at home. I have centrelink statements proving this. I am only 18 and on part time wages struggling to keep up with the bills

- As i live interdependently it is my transport (even though it hasnt been regoed in sa yet)

- I live pay by pay and no point selling a unregod car

- I lost my license for non hoon related driving and wasnt in the skyline

- Could probably get the boss to whip up a letter saying how he needs a car for work ?

- Possibly how its AWD

-Would a dyno sheet help ?

Is there anything else you guys can think of. Its not because i want a high powered vehicle. Its more the attachment i have for this car, I got a loan for this car and i hope to drive it again and not in 6 yrs time. everyone knows the rb20's aren't the quickest but yes ill admit plenty much power for the young 18 yr old. I have fallen for the sleek r32 curves. If only holden could of made vn's look as snazzy as the jap cars :)

Dunno how your whackedy-ass state runs things but in normal states, a suspension is not losing your licence. im talking QLD and NSW here. for Example a mate had the old rules on his licence and got done on his Ps doing 163kms in a MK3 Supra. 6 month suspension and back the same because a suspension is exactly what it is;a supension period and not a disqualification. Might wanna check the facts otherwise your state sucks harder than i already knew..

6ks? You could do that on a pushy in under 10 minutes, easy.

Fek, if I lived 6ks from my work I'd ride a pushy every day.

You'll also save a fortune on the pushy.

I'm gunna take a stab and say you've got 5/5ths of f**k all chance of getting any sort of exemption.

f**k not what I wanted to hear. I suppose there is no harm in trying but I would like to hear from.a few who have got exemptions

I doubt you'll find one, especially one with a "bad driving history" which is what a Magistrate will see when he receives your driving history from the Po-po. Sure, your offences thus far haven't been exactly shocking, but the fact you have anything there will count hugely against you. That and the fact you've been driving your car around either registered in someone else's name or unregistered.

Also, have you checked that it's even possible to get an exemption in your state?

If you want a tip, take this. I know you love the R32, but get rid of it. They are not a good car for someone struggling to rub a couple pennies together, especially when you're probably just going to get yourself reamed over and over again by the po-po. If you live 6ks from your work, but a cheap Corolla and a pushy. You'll save a fortune and not get booked every other week. The bitches might not like it, but if you are 18 and can't pull a chick every other night without a decent car, then your issues run far deeper.

In a few years time you will not be up to your neck in debt and it's at this point, once you have your 12 points back and a full license, that you can go out and buy the car of your dreams. The bitches will then fizz and you'll be up to your nuts in no time. You'll be able to do it properly and you won't get your arse into a ton of trouble in the mean time.

I do see what ur saying in some respects but your views on why I want one are wrong. I understand thats how alot of 18 yr olds would appear though, yes exemptions are given, there is a few reason they will give one. Lately I have been driving a mates barina while he was in hospital. The car has been garagedand not driven ever since I have got it. You can only regista after a full rwc is completed. And if I dont get exempt ill do it up and rock the hardtaik for a bit, im suure though you if you were restricted from.driving a car you own you would try for an exemption

I do see what ur saying in some respects but your views on why I want one are wrong. I understand thats how alot of 18 yr olds would appear though, yes exemptions are given, there is a few reason they will give one. Lately I have been driving a mates barina while he was in hospital. The car has been garagedand not driven ever since I have got it. You can only regista after a full rwc is completed. And if I dont get exempt ill do it up and rock the hardtaik for a bit, im suure though you if you were restricted from.driving a car you own you would try for an exemption

fairly sure if you got your licence originally under the old laws, even with a disqualification you wont be under the new ones when you get it back. Speak to legal aid as they will clear anything up - its unreasonable to tell someone in your position that they can't legally drive their car any more when they could before the loss of licence.

if for some reason it is like that then take the three year option and only drive on weekends/ ride your bike to work.

Nup because they cancel your license and put you on a new one. There by new laws ghey. And the problem is i still would probably drive it if i couldnt get an exemption :/ dodgy yes, worth it noooo but the joys of being an immature 18 yr old

I doubt you'll find one, especially one with a "bad driving history" which is what a Magistrate will see when he receives your driving history from the Po-po. Sure, your offences thus far haven't been exactly shocking, but the fact you have anything there will count hugely against you. That and the fact you've been driving your car around either registered in someone else's name or unregistered.

Also, have you checked that it's even possible to get an exemption in your state?

If you want a tip, take this. I know you love the R32, but get rid of it. They are not a good car for someone struggling to rub a couple pennies together, especially when you're probably just going to get yourself reamed over and over again by the po-po. If you live 6ks from your work, but a cheap Corolla and a pushy. You'll save a fortune and not get booked every other week. The bitches might not like it, but if you are 18 and can't pull a chick every other night without a decent car, then your issues run far deeper.

In a few years time you will not be up to your neck in debt and it's at this point, once you have your 12 points back and a full license, that you can go out and buy the car of your dreams. The bitches will then fizz and you'll be up to your nuts in no time. You'll be able to do it properly and you won't get your arse into a ton of trouble in the mean time.

Haha love it! Buddy all we can say is try, your chances are slimer than they were without the disqualification but meh.... don't know what the hell is going on in sa with these new laws sounds like they trying to out do nsw and vic with disqualifications instead of suspensions

Get a W.A license ay ? my plan is to move to the mines and make some mueller so maybe thats in the cards but who knows probably not motivated enough. And at the end of the day i wouldnt move to WA just to have my bubby