SAU Community

180Sx Daily Driver

im looking at buying a 180 sx for a dail. Its a 91 model sr20 5 speed totally standard , not 1 aftermarket part. 4 new tyres and 6 months rego left. dark blue with 120 000 kms.

Do you guys think its a good buy. doesnt need a cent spent, all for only $6000.

Anyoned owned one before? is it good value?

Ive got a vk bommodore ive started putting an rb25neo in but came accross this 180, will end up putting the 25 in the 180 and sr20 from 180 in a triton ute i have and scrap the bommodore idea as its a crap platform and will cost me

a 1000 for rego, if i spend another 5k it will still be a shitty car. Does that make sense?

mate seriously just buy the 180sx and drive it as is. the work and money involved in putting a rb25 into a sil isn't worth it. sell the rb25 on ebay and the VK as is. i have a lot of friends who spend so much money on projects like this and in the end its just a money pit for something you'll most likely lose interest in a year or less anyway.

I picked my neo up for 1150 with loom and ecu but you should get more than that if you wait for the right price. maybe put it up for 1500 buy now type of thing.

The gtr box not to sure, do a search for other ones and see what price they attract.