SAU Community

Any One Got An Exemption For High Powered Vechicle Exemption

reeceo21

Hmm well I just had a word with the boss.and he said he will male me up.a letter saying how im on call etc and whatever else I want on there, is there anything you.can offer that would look good on the pplication

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ what reason are you going to give when the magistrate/cop asks you why you can't sell your illegal car and buy a non-turbo car to comply with the law? You are completely wasting your time. It's like you came on here asking for advice, and are completely ignoring it.

When I lost my licence I appealed and also had my boss at the time to write a letter that i'm on call 24/7 etc the courts accepted and I still got to drive my car??

Ill be going through the same thing again....awesome and will be losing it a second time..after I get it back I will still be allowed to drive my twin turbos hehe because I had a licence before the law even came out.

Soo I don't understand why your stressing about driving a turboed car?

I would suggest that you cut your losses as is mate, sell the car and once you have a full time job and bit more stability than look at getting another skyline. I know its hard when you are emotionally attached to your car. WIth the way defects are going on atm its prob better that you get a cheap thrashbox runaround car for the time being :D

Yes I am taking onboard the advice given

even if everyonr on this form says no chance in hell im still goinf to do my best to get it

Wouldn't that be not taking peoples advice?

I think you would be very lucky to be allowed to keep your car, if i was the judge id be saying get another car.

both. An u.regod car ia worth jack

forget the emotional loss, you did the crime now you gotta do the time. You can avoid financial loss however, i assume you mean that you now cant register the car in your name because they wont let you own it? Is there a chance you can register the car under a friend or family member just for the sale? it might be worth copping the stamp duty to transfer the owner just so you can sell it.

When I lost my licence I appealed and also had my boss at the time to write a letter that i'm on call 24/7 etc the courts accepted and I still got to drive my car??

Ill be going through the same thing again....awesome and will be losing it a second time..after I get it back I will still be allowed to drive my twin turbos hehe because I had a licence before the law even came out.

Soo I don't understand why your stressing about driving a turboed car?

On call 24/7 eh? :wub:

Seriously mate take some of these "older" peoples advice, (including myself) we have been there done that, I wrote off my rx7 and still payed it off for the next 3 years becuase my insurance was void. It was so bloody painful but I had to do it. I could have repaired it and been in more debt but I just had to cut my losses and start again. I know the attachement you have to your car, but seriously sounds like an image thing to me. Trust me you will get over it and one day get another car you'll fall in love with. And hopefully when you do you will be able to afford it as well.

Sell your car dude

Im glad you had a good read. I just got off the phone with a bloke with service sa and he thinks i will get one. Should of defiantly contacted them before asking here. He said in victoria 90 percent of exemptions are granted. If i dont get it boo ho

Im glad you had a good read. I just got off the phone with a bloke with service sa and he thinks i will get one. Should of defiantly contacted them before asking here. He said in victoria 90 percent of exemptions are granted. If i dont get it boo ho

wut?

• 1 month later...

ive been driving for 4 years and just lost my license on my P1s. does that mean i need to sell my 33 because im not allowed to drive a turbo? i think its a load of shit if thats the case. dont do the 3 year bull crap because its almsot impossible to do it for that long with the demerit points system these days. take the 6 months. trust me because now im doing 15 months.

i lost my licence for a fair while, had to go back on L's then p1 right now, i get to still keep n drive my 33 gtr because im over 25 and have held a full licence before...

in this guys case, its 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of another, when/if he goes to court it could go either way, comes down to the case he puts forward and the judges mood on the day...

you can only try mate, if your unsucessful well at least you tried but then its time to sell up, if you win well you get to pump more hard earned cash into your money pit :(

goodluck

p.s learn to spell before you press the add reply button buddy, your not 10 anymore