SAU Community

Catch Can Setup On A 26

pistol-pete

Ok so I got myself a catch can from justjap for my gtr, it's one that incorporates the washer bottle too. Anyway I'm going to install it on the weekend and wondering what's the best way to plumb it up. The can only has two inlets and then a drain plug. I was think of running one line from the right hand rocker cover to the can and then join the other line onto the factory line that runs from the intake so that I will still have a restrictor in place. This setup would leave the PVC setup as is and also the crossover between the covers.

Thoughts?

Sounds about right. You lost me after you talk about joining the other factory line? My car allready had a catch can installed.

post-52024-0-77973100-1322684763_thumb.jpg

You can see the line from the manifold to the rocker covers Then has a join and off to the can. The outlet on the can then goes to the intake.

I'm a big fan of the twin can setup that alot of single can guys have converted to after constantly filling their single cans with oil after every track meet.

The cylindrical top can to recirculate excess oil out of the cam covers back in and the style of can that you've just bought (that doubles as a washer bottle) to catch the remaining vapour and dregs

I've just seen way too many sumps half drained with the single set ups whether it be by worn rings (too much crank case pressure) or incorrect can style & setup

Pete, if you do a search, there's a lot of info in the national pages re can setup

brad thats the nismo separator youve got. nice bit of kit that.

ive been doing a fair bit of reading up about the whole deal over the last few days. the problem is everyone has different setups and people always swear by theirs so theres heaps of different info out there making it hard for the useless bloke like me to decide what the best way to go is. if your mind can handle my mad paint skills, below is the setup im considering. this will still retain the factory pcv setup and is completely sealed and legal. if the can is getting filled to much i could also run a line from the drain plug on the catch can to the dipstick but that would mean getting a baffle welded into the can and using some steel wool to filter any shit out. alternatively i could do as you suggested pete and run an autech style can between the rocker covers.

epicpaintskilzyo.png

so the blue lines are the factory oil lines and the red ones are the catch can lines. inside the short blue line from the intake is the factory oil restrictor/oil to air separator. it looks like this

DSCF0516.jpg

yeah i still have to give them a good clean. you can hear the turbos so much clearer with them

381986_10150396104923577_508503576_8338236_121457407_n.jpg

not sure if im gonna keep em as i still get some turbo shuffle and ive got a baffled twin turbo pipe on its way from craved coatings in penrith

brad thats the nismo separator youve got. nice bit of kit that.

ive been doing a fair bit of reading up about the whole deal over the last few days. the problem is everyone has different setups and people always swear by theirs so theres heaps of different info out there making it hard for the useless bloke like me to decide what the best way to go is. if your mind can handle my mad paint skills, below is the setup im considering. this will still retain the factory pcv setup and is completely sealed and legal. if the can is getting filled to much i could also run a line from the drain plug on the catch can to the dipstick but that would mean getting a baffle welded into the can and using some steel wool to filter any shit out. alternatively i could do as you suggested pete and run an autech style can between the rocker covers.

epicpaintskilzyo.png

so the blue lines are the factory oil lines and the red ones are the catch can lines. inside the short blue line from the intake is the factory oil restrictor/oil to air separator. it looks like this

DSCF0516.jpg

ta man ! gna use this as a guide on my r32 gtr