SAU Community

Lmgt4S Have A New Lease On Life

GTR-N1

dont need nismo lugs for lmgt4's, my previous bronze set I ran stock nuts with a cheap set of lock nuts. New silver set I've gone for McGard Splinedrives with lock nuts.

Very strong, available in a range of finishes/sizes, much cheaper than rays nuts & a lot harder to steal as all nuts are effectively a lock nut. Plus the lock nuts themselves are a lot more secure than a rays seven sided nut...

mcgard is the supplier for work, bbs & a heap of the oem's too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice info on the LMGT4's with regards to the lug nuts and yeah I did read about the McGard ones you can run its just the general rule of thumb is they have to be a 17mm head and not a 19mm or 21mm. You can also run I think they are called "Inverted" lug nuts where the actual tool goes into the head of the nut and not actually on the outside. I just preferred to order the nismo lug nuts because I knew they would work.

We will need updated images when its done terry.

Yes, thanks Adam.

Etch Pro to help the top coat grab onto a rough surface

2012GTR001-1.jpg

After 1st Coat

2012GTR002.jpg

After 2nd Coat

2012GTR004.jpg

After 3rd Coat of Satin Black

2012GTR005.jpg

These should be on the car next as Recycled LMGT4s and Recycled Caps.

lol

Man they are coming up great. I really want my LMGT3's finished now but I have to get the car back on the road first. I have always been a bigger fan of Satan Black over Matt Black so I cant wait to see them on the car.

looking good terry, nothing wrong with recycling to get exactly what you want :)

@ lotus GTR - it is basically a Satin black, though the one used on Terry's rims have an additive to increase the flow properties to get a smoother finish than most satin blacks.

Aaaaah, Mr Craved Coatings has blessed us with his appearance!

It just goes to show guys, that when one asks Chris to do a customized match up, (such as "Nismo Black"), he'll go the extra yard!

Craved Coatings is highly recommended! :)

I have said it before and I will say it again...the LMGT4 is amongst the only wheels worthy of a Nissan GTR. The only other rim that would possibly outrank the LMGT4 would be the Volk TE37's. Done.

Good job with the restoration mate - looks mint. I wouldn't put centre caps on...looks tougher and more "time attack" without.

wheels1.jpg

Yes the stickers are stuck on.

When you look at LMGT4 rims out of the RAYS factory, they always have the sticker on the same spoke relative to where the valve stem is.

There is no clear over the powdercoat due to the resin that Craved used.

Thus, brake dust cannot penetrate.

There is no coating over the Nismo sticker either as it's tough vinyl I believe.

Car and wheels look great Terry!

However, I think you need to lower the ride height by 10-20mm just to reduce that wheel to arch gap.

I've got some LMGT3s as track wheels that I was thinking of getting restored in a similar fashion to what you have done here, but I'm afraid that if I spent the money getting them perfect and then scratched them again I'd be kicking myself. What sort of rough costs are you looking at to get the gutter rash fixed and then the wheels powder-coated if you don't mind me asking...?

i'm a fan :D

but then again, i should be :D

you need to sort those stickers out!

midori_3.jpg

I went with the flat caps, i like the slightly more refined style to be honest... but i lost one cap (since replaced) at the last track day, so for motorsport events, i'll probably pop them off... get more of the time attack look :D