Lmgt4S Have A New Lease On Life

GTR-N1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice terry.

im going to need some new stickers...

just thinking out loud, why didnt you go for the gloss black?

either way, sure it looks fappable!

now i want your car.

one day terry.

one day.

End result is awesome Terry.

Any pics of what they looked like when you got them? Before they were painted?

Sorry Ryan, but this is about the best I can do atm...

Terry-21.jpg

They came out from Japan on the Bayside Blue one behind > went across to the Pearl Black one here > The black car was sold and I kept the wheels.

very nice terry.

im going to need some new stickers...

just thinking out loud, why didnt you go for the gloss black?

either way, sure it looks fappable!

now i want your car.

one day terry.

one day.

Hi Again Luke,

Terry-72.jpg

I opted for an exact match with the Omori Nismo Black which I like.

But the Omori rim is limited to 9.5" wide, and the above is 10.5"

Why not gloss?

Besides the above reason, I've seen enough gloss black rims before to put me off.

I know it's subjective, but the main objective reason I profess to is that gloss black shows the slightest bit of dust/dirt/grime. Satin is much more forgiving after a day out.

Thanks for your comments!

N1!?!?!? When did this happen Terry?!

Bit of a time warp of excitement Ric hehe...!

It seems like ages ago that I sold you some rims.

Terry-66.jpg

But hey, time moves on and so, congratulations on becoming an SAU.VIC Exec :thumbsup:

You'll be an asset to the team!

• 1 month later...

This poor wheel has had a crack reform right through a TIG weld. (I have to thank Steve-0 and Simon for getting me going temporarily)

I've had it done again via a different workshop in Unanderra ie Nigel at "Spot On Wheel Repairs" (thanks hugely to Humbla who transported me around, so I wouldn't be stranded)

So this weld will have been done properly with a "V" cut done on both sides of the crack and hopefully it won't shift > crack again.

Terry-144.jpg

My car came without a space saver either, so I was farked initially. Bought one off fatz.

So now this rim has a couple of minor scratches & I'm thinking of getting a single replacement when one comes up F/S.

• 6 months later...

I have another set > these are my 18"x9.5" GT500 track wheels (which are now a discontinued item) > there are people I need to thank! :)

Terry-291.jpg

* Aaron of Import Monster got these for me - second hand set of LMGT4 GT500 (without centre caps). He informed me that these were scratched up but not damaged.

Terry-292.jpg

* Chris Thomson of Craved Coatings had them powder coated in "Nismo Black" for me. He wasn't happy with the sandblasting, so he sacked that firm and employed another.

Terry-293.jpg

* Pete aka PLYNX here on SAU made up some LMGT2 Centre Caps to fit (exactly into the GT500 recess). He did this from scratch = Brilliant!

* Simon aka OWGASM here on SAU has offered to lend me a collar for PLYNX to make a copy. I'm yet to accept - because I don't want to lose it!

* Matt aka God_speed here on SAU for a new set of Nismo Wheel Stickers

GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS EH???

I STILL HAVE MY OTHER SET TOO! :)

They have come up great Terry, super impressed at the centre caps made up from scratch too! I'm always on the look out for a spare set of those, will let you know if I find any on my travels through yahoo :)

These wheels will only go up in value, so it's definitely worth spending the time and money to get them spot on like this.