SAU Community

New Rb Parts With Results

Piggaz

Joe you'll see now the kit is finished, heaps of GTR's will be getting them there. I know of one Melbourne workshop getting to play with one soon too - so it's not just Sydney siders who are lucky with this bit of gear.

From 290 to 400? Yeah, hold-the-fu(k-on, thats a big jump :D

Sorta disappointing in a way lol wouldn't have minded being one of only a few that had this kit

I spose it is like anything though.

This kit has been in the pipeline for a while now. I am not sure how long, but Yavuz mentioned it when I jumped across to E85 in Nov last year. It has been something like 3 years of Testing and tuning.

Sorta disappointing in a way lol wouldn't have minded being one of only a few that had this kit

Well if it's any comfort, not everyone will be able to afford it. There's always the "close enough is good enough" crowd.

Any reason still 2.6L and not going stroker?

I spose it is like anything though.

This kit has been in the pipeline for a while now. I am not sure how long, but Yavuz mentioned it when I jumped across to E85 in Nov last year. It has been something like 3 years of Testing and tuning.

The day I swapped to E85 it was the same time he said the design is starting. So yeah, quite a while!! Thats why I used the Autronic one because this kit was so far off.....as you know thats another story now...

Just to back this up - I put on the Ross Trigger kit a few weeks back also. Although mine it a 12 tooth setup - I am running Motec and logged exactly the same kind of improvement. Used to get up to 500rpm jitter above 5500rpm.. now its lucky if it jitters more than 30rpm.

We also noticed immediately a better/smoother idle. And that was the only change made.

For the CAS, we just replaced the trigger wheel for one that has 1 sync slot.

Obviously doing crank triggers is nothing new, but its nice to have an off the shelf kit made rather than having to fab something up yourself.

Yea I first heard about it about a year ago as well, but ur right I don't think many people will be spending the extra cash on some thing that isn't really necessary. Especially since its a modification for more "highly tuned" cars...

I ended up buyin an engine that had already been built and I was happy with the 2.6 at that point in time ( it was a good price as well)

Though when I do eventually kill the engine "will not if" I'll be using a 2.8 minimum

Seems to be the common trend at the moment

I can completely understand when "Gav" (a WA forum member with a very similar setup) said "I have a choice of 2 gear's in any corner on the track".

...depending on which corner he is talking about.. he could mean 1st and reverse... eh Gav. ;)

(and yes, I do hope he reads this..)

Any details?

90mm Sleeved block + 3.4 crank would be interesting

somebody with more money than me should do it...

Steve you know 3.0 isnt enough right :whistling:

Na couldn't get any more info on it.. Apparently it's got a fair bit more displacement then the 34 though

Not sure how much larger u could get it lol

Edited by GTR_JOEY

Yea I first heard about it about a year ago as well, but ur right I don't think many people will be spending the extra cash on some thing that isn't really necessary. Especially since its a modification for more "highly tuned" cars...

I ended up buyin an engine that had already been built and I was happy with the 2.6 at that point in time ( it was a good price as well)

Though when I do eventually kill the engine "will not if" I'll be using a 2.8 minimum

Seems to be the common trend at the moment

That's the thing. Isn't "really necessary". Timing, combined with fuel is prob the most important things on a highly tuned car. If there is no consistancy in either of those, you really are risking that big buck bottom end.

bonus that it's a one off purchase that wont need replacement

so worst comes to worst and u wreck an engine you can just throw it on the new engine and away u go

300rwkw plus is where the the CAS problems tend to start... And there's alot more 300kw+ cars starting to get around

Any details?

90mm Sleeved block + 3.4 crank would be interesting

somebody with more money than me should do it...

Steve you know 3.0 isnt enough right :whistling:

Details on what?

...depending on which corner he is talking about.. he could mean 1st and reverse... eh Gav. ;)

(and yes, I do hope he reads this..)

Yer, yer, yer.......anyway to the OP - if you get to a stage where the coilpacks or sparkplugs are givving hiccups on E85 I can't say enough good things about the Billet Performance CDI kit. This really lets you get the best out of the E85 with regards to aggressive fueling and timing in the mid range.

Yer, yer, yer.......anyway to the OP - if you get to a stage where the coilpacks or sparkplugs are givving hiccups on E85 I can't say enough good things about the Billet Performance CDI kit. This really lets you get the best out of the E85 with regards to aggressive fueling and timing in the mid range.

PM me with details?