SAU Community

New Rb Parts With Results

Piggaz

Thanks for the thread. A couple questions:

-Is the ross kit available to the public in d-jetro form yet? If so, is pricing public knowledge?

-Are you able to have your tuner comment on the ross kit? I'm curious just how much more aggressive he can be with the tuning.

-Did you consider any other options for the sync issue?

When we've gone to crank trigger setups on gtr's with autronics we've found the engine can go back to being 1 degree sensitive! Without crank triggers I've seen up to +/- 6degrees timing variation on the really bad ones.

Thanks for the thread. A couple questions:

-Is the ross kit available to the public in d-jetro form yet? If so, is pricing public knowledge?

-Are you able to have your tuner comment on the ross kit? I'm curious just how much more aggressive he can be with the tuning.

-Did you consider any other options for the sync issue?

What we meant to do while it was on the dyno was to do a run on the OEM CAS and flick a switch to take the timing off the trigger and compare graphs. It will be back out there for more boost and to start using the EBC. I will come back with results.

The tuner helped design this kit. There has been alot of revision's with it.

Eww K-Sport...the other ones are ok...the ones with the twin bolt bridge. I just hate the look, but they do seem to work well. But would still rather 6 pot Alcons on 380x35mm rotors :)

Ye the D2 are 2-bolt bridge in 356mm (as you've seen on mine). The 330mm is single, as per previous link... JJR just use the same generic picture i think given D2 & K-Sport come out of the same factory. Price is $300 more.

The brake lines however are junk. So add another $100 for ADR approved lines and its $2400 :)

Junk eh? done a lot of testing yourself or are you just repeating stuff you see on the internet?

I've had no problems with the 3 kits i've bought, and I've only ever seen 1 person who had a problem with the provided brake lines.

Funny you mention that Duncan - Yes i have, given I have the on my car :rolleyes:

I also had the supplied brake lines inspected by 2 independant places who make ADR lines, both in agreeance of them being a risk. I have pics and all that will go into a review at a later date.

Topping that off two people I know have had the lines leak/split, your 1 person makes 3!

Not something you really want to occur at 200km/h, especially over a $100 part.

The tuner helped design this kit. There has been alot of revision's with it.

You make an optical sensor and trigger wheel sound a lot more complicated that it is! People have been doing crank triggers on rb's long before this kit appeared... being in kit form just makes it easier.

Edited by DCIEVE

Regardless of how simple it may appear to design and make there are always goin to be a ways to improve it....

And ur goin to want to have it 100% if ur goin to be selling it in bulk to the general public

Especially when it may be a 30 grand engine that it's being used on...

thanks for the replies...

Let's try and put this in perspective for the guys only vaguely familiar with tuning: The crank trigger mod helps the tuner push the limits of the hardware more reliably, due to the increased accuracy of the timing signal.

It will work with a PFC. It's just an extra converter box.

Steveo had the same issue with his RB30. Even Terry had this issue with his Blue V Spec II and that was just the typical "300 kw bolt on RB26"

More info on this converter box please