SAU Community

New Rb Parts With Results

Piggaz

Funny you mention that Duncan - Yes i have, given I have the on my car :rolleyes:

I also had the supplied brake lines inspected by 2 independant places who make ADR lines, both in agreeance of them being a risk. I have pics and all that will go into a review at a later date.

Topping that off two people I know have had the lines leak/split, your 1 person makes 3!

Not something you really want to occur at 200km/h, especially over a $100 part.

Ksport 330m are 2 bolt.

For those asking if this kit can go on their existing Ross Balancer, here's the answer straight from Ross who's standing next to me as I type this to make sure I get it right haha

The picture below is of a late model Ross balancer. There are 3 bolts on the outside circle area as you can see. This balancer can have the kit put on, no dramas. There is also a version where the same outside circle has 6 bolts, that one can also have it fitted.

If you don't have the bolts on the outside the kit can't be fitted and you need the late model balancer.

The outer bolts are where the trigger disc mounts too.

Hope that clears it up for everyone reading and future people searching

Rear%20of%20trigger%20wheel.jpg

I'd be interested in a Ross balancer with a smaller drive on the AC compressor. Even on 38 degree days my aircon can crank the interior temp down to a good freezing temperature, yet at idle speeds its loading the motor up more than it needs to.

There is also a version where the same outside circle has 6 bolts, that one can also have it fitted.

Hope that clears it up for everyone reading and future people searching

May as well add a couple of pics to show this 6 bolth one as well. Plus this version has 12 teeth which still was plenty to fix the RPM Scatter issue.

Note the bracket that holds the Sensor using the sump bolts. If you have a sump adaptor for an RB30, you'll need to have this milled by 10mm to suit. Ross can do it for you. At least I think they can - they unfort forgot to do mine even though I asked them to, but I'll let them off, was easy to do.

post-20408-0-87947200-1324303488_thumb.jpg

post-20408-0-61586600-1324303494_thumb.jpg

post-20408-0-31913400-1324303500_thumb.jpg

May as well add a couple of pics to show this 6 bolth one as well. Plus this version has 12 teeth which still was plenty to fix the RPM Scatter issue.Note the bracket that holds the Sensor using the sump bolts. If you have a sump adaptor for an RB30, you'll need to have this milled by 10mm to suit. Ross can do it for you. At least I think they can - they unfort forgot to do mine even though I asked them to, but I'll let them off, was easy to do.

When using the crank timing sensor and bracket in a non rb26, ie something with a tin sump, you need to space the sensor bracket down from the sump approx 6-7mm.

• 5 weeks later...