SAU Community

Where Do You Buy Sports Shoes / Gear?

DivHunter

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those vibram five finger shoes are pretty light, definately wasnt them was it?

Some people are starting to wear them in my gym, dont know weather or not they will catch on. What is annoying me though is members taking their shoes off to squat/deadlift, not just at the power rack but even with a 20kilo bar in the free weights area. I know there may be some minor benefits but no need for it. .... sorry going off track, just needed to vent :-) might start a new thread on it.

I used to take my shoes off to squat/dead, now I just wear free runs.

I would've laughed in the face of anyone that told me to put them back on.

I dont see how it could possibly affect u so focus on your own workout and stop worrying about what everyone else is doing

those vibram five finger shoes are pretty light, definately wasnt them was it?

Some people are starting to wear them in my gym, dont know weather or not they will catch on. What is annoying me though is members taking their shoes off to squat/deadlift, not just at the power rack but even with a 20kilo bar in the free weights area. I know there may be some minor benefits but no need for it. .... sorry going off track, just needed to vent :-) might start a new thread on it.

Your supposed to deadlift in no shoes mate.

Here are some approved deadlifting shoes

http://www.titansupport.com/products/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html

But some people wear converse all stars.

Basicaly you want flat hard surface under your foot

i understand there may be some benefits associated with no shoes, however, i dont feel it necessary in your everyday fitness first gym etc. people have been deadlifting with shoes on for years! if its good enough for ronnie then its good enough for you:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ronnie+coleman+deadlift+800+lbs&oq=ronnie+coleman+dea&aq=1&aqi=g8&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube.1.1.0l8.735.4549.0.7072.18.18.0.5.5.0.387.1780.7j2j3j1.13.0.

*hope that link works* just incase it dont, its ronnie doin his 800 pound deadlift...... IN SHOES! *GASP HORROR*

gtst - you are correct a lot of em wearing the converse all stars and a blank no name brand as well.

dezz, put it this way, freeweights area, flat bench, dumbell press, 130 kilo overweight patrons walking around with no shoes on with toe jam..... sorry but there has to be some level of hygiene, or are you one of those customers that i have to address not placing a towel on equipment :-)

Do you know how expensive it is to get the equipment reupholstered, not cheap! plus the down time of the equipment can also make it annoying for patrons as well.

Ronnie frequently trains in WORK BOOTS.

Have a look at the video again.

those boots are not jogger/sneakers.

anyway, I get your point.

If training at a fatness first you need a towel and shoes and latest micro fibre training gear and flouro shoes which cost hundreds of dollars and leather weight lifting gloves while doing DB flyes using 8kg bright coloured rubber coated DBs while listening to One Directions latest hit blasting across the gym, in between trying to get a glimps of your tanned self in the hundreds of mirrors and pretending that you're not.

• 2 weeks later...

For those still interested in online shops after all the ranting etc.

http://runningwarehouse.com/ and

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/

are my favourites by far. 2 pairs delivered for cheaper than 1 at the local.

And yes I am aware of the offshore stores taking local money etc etc, but I can't justify the cost of runners in town when I don't make a huge deal of money myself. Spending half a paycheck on a pair of shoes I'll wear out in a couple hundred km's is f**ked.

I used to wear cheap flat sole sneakers (Vans) which work for squats/deads as the soles are flat and thin. Cheap $5 Chinese shoes / kung fu shoes would be really good for people other than me (my feet are too big)

I'm not sure if anyone does plyometrics but, if you have a crack definately go some strength shoes/ jump soles for plyometrics or a cross trainer that has bulk cushioning for the ball of the foot/toe area.