You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• turbo removed and inspected, actually hoping to find a broken turbine shaft or something, (would explain a lot) but it looks great, no play or noise of bearings, solid connection on center shaft, both wheels and housing look fine inside and out, actually a lot cleaner and better condition then I expected...so I put back together and took for another drive, since I now seen other videos with similar sounds, I pushed the rpms' higher from 4-6k range, and got anywhere from 5-7 psi boost boost being created by turbo. so it appears turbo is making boost fine, however still the sound remains the same, the type of sound I would image if one side of the turbo wasn't connected to anything, (the sound of a leaf blower or hair dryer wide open end) is there anyway something could be preventing the air that is being forced out of the turbo to not be directed into the engine intake properly??, I checked all piping for blockage etc. none found.   still the power, torque and acceleration seem low, as it almost feels like the boost that is being built up is actually holding the engine power back and or its not being directed into the intake properly?
    • What actual temperature is it hitting? 
    • Agreed, sounds like turbo issues. Pull off and inspect.
    • The pics refuse to load for me, even on a decent connection, Chrome was just shitting the bed. Duncan to resize, open them in mspaint, hit CTRL + W enter 30% as the value, and then save as a new file and upload that. Especially if they're like a 3000x3000 pixel image! 😮     On the topic of Autos, in the Bathurst 6 hour, there was another auto, that's been there a few times. The Levitt Motorsports AMG C63. He's killed autos before too for various reasons. Also when the engine does things like thinking it's overheating, they'll often do weird things like turn off sport mode/manual mode and put it back to boring auto mode and turn power down etc. Collision systems can do weird shit, especially things like TCS if you get a steering angle sensor out of alignment etc. Rip the ECU out, put a carb on, save all your problems
    • So you THINK it's overheating, and are only GUESSING it is, because you THINK the ECU is hitting a heat cut?   Do you have any datalogs to prove this? Is the temperature gauge even moving?   Other than emotions and assumptions, what is telling you it's overheating?   What ECU do you even have?