SAU Community

whos using xbconnect or similar?

dAVE

i'll kick your ass in top spin:P

a heap of mates get together and connect up to xbox live. they all play those tom clancy games, really annoying when they play xbox instead of drinking and tuning the women.

but on the other hand it is good having 5 xboxs and 5 tvs connected through a hub playing multiplayer.

Just wait til my brother gets an xbox for his birthday.. I've been using my mates, which is chipped anyways.. (have they made a mod chip that still lets you play online yet)

Damn those risk shots eh .. haha its just too tempting sometimes.

its not the mod chip that stops you playing on line, its the bios your using - you can't play copied games with an original bios and you can't play xbox live with a non-original bios

i dont use a mod chips in the xboxs i mod - i just flash the tsop, safer, cheaper and easier

xbconnect and xlink are free programs that tunnel hte data from system link (not xbox live) between 2 computers over the net

i wouldnt flash the tsop.. but thats just my opinion.. use alladin chips.. dont cost much and easy to put in.

i have topspin but never played it really ... i just d/l every game that comes out for the hell of it.

dave - chips can come loose / dodgy soldering jobs / cause trouble

tsops, once flashed can't go wrong...

the only risk is in actually flashing them if you don't know what your doing - you can end up with a dead xbox... but once flashed there is no solder/wires/chip to come loose etc...

:)

the tsop is basically the bios for the xbox - all a modchip is, is a bios you put in instead of the microsoft one... and flash it with a custom/hacked one etc...

under the impression tho once you have flashed your xbos bios, theres no going back... at least with mod chip you can remove old ones etc.. also the benefit of being able to turn off if you do wish to play xbox live.. although there r rumours that microsoft can now detect even if off- but i have never had a problem.

Tell me more about that, you can turn off the mod chip so you CAN play xbox live?

I want an xbox, I definately want it chipped, but I don't want to get it chipped if I can't play live occasionally.

Dave - you can just flash the original bios back to the TSOP if you like

but yeah if you want to play xbox live then there is a lot of stuffing around, installing a switch for the chip, installing different bioses on the chip so you can boot of an orig bios, making sur eyour hard drive is locked, making sure you have a MS dashboard installed and running, installing all other stuff on F drive not on C/E etc...

plus to play live you have to pay a montly fee and buy the original game...

blah - just use xbconnect / xlink :)