SAU Community

Odds 'n Ends

GTR-N1

Some of you have seen this car before.

Whilst our family has had it for nearly 5 years > and now it's been sold as a great car to hopefully a great owner up north,

....let me tell you a story about what had been patchworked into the car over this time.

It came from a private importer with a V-Spec sticker on it.

But it's a standard GT-R.

Well I decided it might as well become a V-Spec II Copy eh?

R34GTR084.jpg

R34GTR270.jpg

R34GTR267.jpg

R34GTR208.jpg

R34GTR192.jpg

R34GTR097.jpg

R34GTR235.jpg

1) Iron Chef supplied me the ADVAN RG Wheels

2) Ken Lowe Racing sold me the NACA Duct

3) Carmate sold me the Front Diffuser

4) JSAI sold me the Side Skirts & Rear Pods

5) Team Jetspeed sold me the Radiator Air Deflector

6) Powerplay Imports sold me Tanabe Progressive Springs that lowered the car by 20mm

7) JDM Performance supplied me with the C/F Rear Diffuser

8) Bodyform Aero sold me the Rear Wing C/F Blade and fabricated a diff bracket for the Rear Diffuser

9) Powerplay Imports sold me V-Spec II foot pedals & the"II" sticker that made the rear quarter of the car look like "V-Spec II"

10) Just Jap sold me the VS2 "NISSAN" Boot badge & smoke indicator lenses

R34GTR110.jpg

^ ^ ^ Sure this car won a treasured award ^ ^ ^

But it couldn't have happened without the meticulous attention to detail by Eugene Chan (aka JDM Performance) who spent many hours detailing this GT-R

Cosmetically, seeing this car transformed into a really tidy specimen was a whole lot of fun. :cheers:

Hi know how you feel mate.

My wife recently gave birth to a baby so I now find myself having to depart with my beloved Skyline. Throughout the years I have spent countless dollars, time and most of all passion on it. Letting go is always a challenge. As everyone here would know at all degrees, modifying one's ride is a form of artistic expression. Just think of how much the next person will enjoy your car and your taste will of course carry on to them. You have somewhat given them a part of yourself. To me, this is a really nice thing to do.

I can tell you are emotionally attached to your car. Nice way of expressing it mate. I feel your love and pride. It is indeed a very nice car and I'm sure the next owner will appreciate everything you have done to it and for it to each nut and bolt.

Cheers.

What you say is so true :rolleyes:

...and "to each nut and bolt" you say?

Well I forgot to add didn't I that Just Jap also sold me those Black Duralumin Wheel Nuts to secure those Gold ADVANS?

woodsy900-3.jpg

...and she could hold her head high amongst more illustrious company too (despite being a replica).

eg. White V-Spec + B/Blue V-Spec II above.