SAU Community

What Will Happen If I Put Same Width Tyres Front And Rear For My V35?

Hi All,

New to here, mates! Nice to meet you all here~

Today have 4x brand new tyres of Bridgestone Andrenaline RE002 (new gen of RE001) put on my V35. I was convinced by the tyre sales to use all same size: 235/45/17 Front and Rear due to he was offering better price and bargain. But when i read thru V35 mates's discussion in this forum, all have narrower wideth compared to rear width. What's difference? What will it affect on my handling? I just found it is a bit tight in steering but thought it is due to new tyre at front......

Pls advise, thanks!

Same width rubber all round is absolutely fine. Most people put wider aftermarket rims (and subsequently wider tyres) on the rear as the offset of the rear standard wheels on the V35 is horrible. I run 9.5" +20 rims with 235s on the front and 10" +12 rims with 265s on the rear.

You would be finding the steering slightly heavier because you have gone to a wider tyre than previous, plus the new tyre actually has grip, where your old worn out tyre probably had little grip :thumbsup:

Hi All,

New to here, mates! Nice to meet you all here~

Today have 4x brand new tyres of Bridgestone Andrenaline RE002 (new gen of RE001) put on my V35. I was convinced by the tyre sales to use all same size: 235/45/17 Front and Rear due to he was offering better price and bargain. But when i read thru V35 mates's discussion in this forum, all have narrower wideth compared to rear width. What's difference? What will it affect on my handling? I just found it is a bit tight in steering but thought it is due to new tyre at front......

Pls advise, thanks!

that is a very small tire but still within oem size so its fine, if you just drive from A to B then its good to be able to rotate wheels..

Our cars do like wider tires at the front than stock for performance but depends how you drive, i have 265 front and 295 rear in 19s.. And love it.

Thanks Andrew & Nate~ You've got big feet already to welcome the rainning season that should have no issue speed up in wet! You've got FULLY CONTROL!

Deeper question! Just checked V35's factory tyre size was 225/50/17 @ FRONT, 235/50/17 @ REAR, why Nissa set front width less than rear, why not set 235/50/17 all round which is earier to rotate when worn out? Nissan set Front narrower should have its meaning.......Can anyone dig out the answer for me? Thanks!

I agree with zei201 in thinking the reason is for grip.

The balance of our cars is such that if you track them and have same front and rear tyres you generally find the rears let go before the fronts and this becomes the limit of your speed through corners. ie at the limit oversteer ( at least that is what I found with my sedan on std tyres - same size front and rear.)

When you put on wider rears, as std on a most of the coupes, this balances the car much better at the limit and has more neutral steering.

I have found to 225/45/18 fronts and 245/45/18 rears to be just about perfect for balance of grip coming out of corners.

Of course for normal daily driving you are better off with what you have done because of the ability to rotate your tyres which the rest of us cannot do .

A little off topic, but I have 18in coupe rims on my sedan, the rear rims actaully have 'rear' stamped on the back of the spokes, and the fronts have 'front'. I am fairly sure they are the same width, offset, etc, so does anyone know what the difference is other than this stamp.

the rears will proably be wider, and they may not be able to be put on the front. i know with the Z33s this is the case

Maybe they are.. I will have to check next time i have them off.. although the front runs 225 tyres and the rear is 245, and you can notice the rear tyres protrude past the edge of the rim more on the rears, which makes me think they are the same rim width.. they are standard coupe 18s, so I though someone on here might have noticed it before.

your tire guy sold you the wrong profiles for a V35.

Try going over road humps and see if you scrape the bottom on stock suspension?

235/45/17 = 643mm Overall Diameter

Factory OD for V35/350Z come with 225/45/18 & 245/45/18 which have an OD of approx 660 - 670mm.

With 17s you should be running either a 50/55 profile tire to maintain the OD and also your speedo accuracy.

I think the offsets are slightly different.

No, the offsets are the same.. that I did check, both front and rears are +30

I am thinking possibly the rears are 8.5 wide and the fronts are 8. But will have to check that to confirm, otherwise I can't see any other reason for the front/rear stamps.

The 245 tyres are wider than the 225 by more than 0.5in, so maybe that I can still notice the rear tyres protrude past the rim more than the fronts.

I have on m car 255 front and 275 rear tyres.

I also have a set of OEM 19' wheels and tyres for sales if this will help.

Spec for 2005 V35....GL

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe

WHEELS AND TIRES G35 Coupe G35 Coupe

Wheels

17” cast aluminum-alloy, 6-spoke, silver

finish, 7JJ

S -

18” forged aluminum-alloy, 7-spoke,

titanium finish, 8JJ

O -

19” Aluminum-alloy, 5-spoke, polished,

FR 8JJ/RR 8.5JJ

O S

Tires

FR P225/50R17 V; RR P235/50R17 V S -

FR P225/45R18 W; RR P245/45R18 W O -

FR P225/40R19 W; RR P245/40R19 Y O S

Temporary space-savor spare tire in trunk S

Tire Pressure Monitor System S

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (in inches)

Wheelbase 112.2

Overall length 182.2

Overall width 71.5

Overall height 54.8

Front tread width (17”/18”/19” tires) 60.4/60.4/60.6

Rear tread width (17”/18”/19” tires) 60.6/60.8/60.6

Coefficient of Drag (Cd) 0.29 (0 degrees front lift)/0.28 with spoiler (0

degrees front and rear lift)

2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Technical Specifications, Features and Options, cont.

^^ if this is correct, the coupe 18s are all the same size??? only the 19s are different rim sizes front/rear..

looks like I am going to need to measure them, or remove them and check the sizes stamped on the back again.

It's starting to bum me out a little considering I can't find a single manufacturer that supplies the 224/45R19 rubber that's recommended for the fronts and I would like to figure out the best formula before RAWS receive my '09 V36 coming in from Japan soon.

I was keen on getting a set of Dunlop Sport Maxx as they served me well on the old Maxima but the front tyres seem to be the stumbling block here. Considering they must be readily available in Japan and most of Dunlop's top-end tyres are manufactured there, I'm hoping that perhaps something is available on a special order perhaps.

Anyone else already done this homework or should I embark on it myself? :)