SAU Community

Bc Br Coilovers

pitty those shocks are not really a "racing" style. i find the valving is nowhere. we had a customer with them in his r32.

pulled them out and put in his old tien superstreets and was 4 sec quicker at eastern creek... dont need the rain on your parade, but if you have the oportunity to swap them for the normal bc's id advise it.

sorry still in the newb stage here, but you guys havent had any problems using the bc br's in dailys, i was looking at getting them for my r34 in the 8/6 combo but after driving a friends silvia was wondering wether they'd be bone jarringly stiff like his were. thanks

im looking into getting aset in the next few weeks for my r32 gtr

but will most proberbly go with 6-4kg spring rates and then use the damper adjustment to fine tune them

i think the 8-6kg for sydney roads will be way too stiff...

ah i maybe should have mentioned i drive 90 mins a day on pretty average roads (adelaide), and have no plans to track the car in the future

I think you'd benefit from something like 6kg front 4kg rear, if you don't plan to do any track work.

I've got a set of 8/6 (v1's) on a 4dr 33 as a daily car, they aren't that bone jaring (and I drive about 45-50 mins ea way to work and back) on some of the shittiest roads Brisbane has to offer :).- sometimes have to dodge some of the larger bumps or potholes. I've got them adjusted to about 8 clicks off the softest setting

I've got a set of 8/6 (v1's) on a 4dr 33 as a daily car, they aren't that bone jaring (and I drive about 45-50 mins ea way to work and back) on some of the shittiest roads Brisbane has to offer :).- sometimes have to dodge some of the larger bumps or potholes. I've got them adjusted to about 8 clicks off the softest setting

• 6 months later...

i got BC BR 's 32 gtst 8/6 combo and i find it to hard/harsh even on lowest damper settings. car is used for daily but gets driven hard at times.

i found it better with 2 up to 6 from softest dampening, so as not to be bouncing from bump to bump and i agree with harder on the front than the rear eg 4/3 on the dampners.

i have had these for around 1 year and i think with the softer springs will be one of the ultimate CHEAPER street setups.

i have put the 6kg rear springs to the front and am waiting for 5kg rear spring to arrive.

i was told they would not fit, but can CONFIRM they fit, only difference is the spring length by around 12mm longer in the rear springs.

i just wound down the bottom spring platforms as you would do normally.

i had shagged stock shocks on king lowed springs and locked at replacing shocks and found to be move affordable and performance buying bc racing coilovers, and after being defected with lowered king springs i wanted the height adjustable, so i could get it closer to legal . :)

from mij