SAU Community

Justin's R32 Street/track Build

Hey guys, im new to this forum but this is my second skyline, i previously owned a fairly neat fairly stock r32 gtst for a short period of time, and my skyline urges started to come back recently so i bought another 32 gtst.

Im not sure yet exactly what i wanna do with the car, for now its just gonna be a slow process of piecing it back together as i bought it as sort of an unfinished project, the guy i got it off bought it with a blown rb25 in it so he pulled that out and put an rb20 bak in but only got halfway through putting it back together, so im left with that task!! Now after having the 25 in it, then it being yanked out and the 20 put back in, and the same wiring loom being re used, shits all over the place! im not familiar enough with the car to know whats missing and whats right and not right, i know theres parts of the loom missing from where the battery terminals go so its gonna be a mission to fix all that up, i might just get a whole new loom.

But anyway enough rambling. Basically what i WANT to do to the car consists of: rb25/30 + gt35 or something similar. widened rear and front guards (i want it a bit wider than stock gtr) a fresh black paint job, coilovers,\ etc etc etc just the usual stuff.. and maybe everntually a re-trim. i just want it to be a tough good loooking, quick streeter that i can also take to the track and have some fun in.

Anyway heres some pics of it pretty much as i got it.

dxb4n5.jpg

10mpqog.jpg

dnc9yp.jpg

it needs a lot of work but ill get there eventually!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing came up with that link man.. but the url says newcastle gumtree, i didnt get it from newcastle

it came up with newcastle gumtree because i live in newcastle and that's my gumtree not because you bought it in newcastle, you bought it from a bloke in knox st pendle hill, i remember his name it was rani.

am i right?

Edited by tweety bird

Good stuf mate. This is exactly what I planned to do 2 years ago. Was looking to buy a GTST with a 25 or 26 in it and do a widebody etc etc. I ended up buying a GTR instead but cant wait to see how you go with this project. Good luck and I'll be following this closely.

it came up with newcastle gumtree because i live in newcastle and that's my gumtree not because you bought it in newcastle, you bought it from a bloke in knox st pendle hill, i remember his name it was rani.

am i right?

yeah rani is a good mate of mine. why do you ask

Good stuf mate. This is exactly what I planned to do 2 years ago. Was looking to buy a GTST with a 25 or 26 in it and do a widebody etc etc. I ended up buying a GTR instead but cant wait to see how you go with this project. Good luck and I'll be following this closely.

thanks mate, a 32 gtr is my dream car pretty much but until the funds permit one this is my toy to play with lol.. it will be a slow process this car but yeah ill get there eventually.. i should have my VL sold soonish i hope so ill start buying some parts for this thing..

i picked up my rb25 head today, so when i go back to work ill take one of my spare rb30 blocks into work and start building it up. cant wait!

thanks mate, a 32 gtr is my dream car pretty much but until the funds permit one this is my toy to play with lol.. it will be a slow process this car but yeah ill get there eventually.. i should have my VL sold soonish i hope so ill start buying some parts for this thing..

i picked up my rb25 head today, so when i go back to work ill take one of my spare rb30 blocks into work and start building it up. cant wait!

Lol yeah the funds didn't really permit me to buy mine either which is why it's taken 2 years and still not running lol. But at least your 'playing' around with something thats gonna be a damn nice car once it's finished. Just remember all good project cars sit in a shed for a long time to start with so don't lose interest and see it through and you'll end up with exactly what you want.

what condition are the lower sills in? I would suggest pulling the carpet back and looking for rust. if you intend to rebuild this car that would be a start. rust is the worst part about these cars - rear guards are another place to look.

have a look here , here , here and here for a better explanation. northern car with a lot of time on it.

as for harnesses - what do you need? I have already rebuilt a few harnesses on mine so I have the layouts with dimensions.

Lol yeah the funds didn't really permit me to buy mine either which is why it's taken 2 years and still not running lol. But at least your 'playing' around with something thats gonna be a damn nice car once it's finished. Just remember all good project cars sit in a shed for a long time to start with so don't lose interest and see it through and you'll end up with exactly what you want.

haha i can understand and appreciate that!! thanks man, i plan on it being long term but yeah as long as its exactly how i want in the end im happy

what condition are the lower sills in? I would suggest pulling the carpet back and looking for rust. if you intend to rebuild this car that would be a start. rust is the worst part about these cars - rear guards are another place to look.

have a look here , here , here and here for a better explanation. northern car with a lot of time on it.

as for harnesses - what do you need? I have already rebuilt a few harnesses on mine so I have the layouts with dimensions.

thanks for that info man ill suss out all those spots.

im not exatcly sure what i need yet man as im not really familiar with whats meant to be there and whats not lol, the only thing im sure of is ive got part of the wiring missing where it comes straight off the battery positive terminal.. all ive got there is one wire going to the starter, im sure theres meant to be more wiring that goes to a plug or two off that terminal.

also, i bought the car a christmas present =]

20fvn1s.jpg

looks like the battery is in the trunk. if so then they will have cut the connectors off the B+ terminal. there will be two white wires feeding off that to the fuse panel in the engine bay. if those are there then you are fine as the rest of the harness will be there as well. the only issue you *MAY* have will be with the RB25 swap that was attempted. the engine harness will differ slightly and if the RB25 one is on there you will have an extra plug at the back for the electric speedo drive and the oil sender wiring will be wrong also.

thats off the top of my head. the ECU harness obviously differs and it looks like you are doing custom ECU anyway so that should not be an issue.

questions ask as I have learned a fair bit over the last year and a bit with mine.

yeah the battery had been in the boot with the previous engine setup. it doesnt have the white wires your talking about though.

yeah i have a microtech lt12s for it but i have an adaptor that plugs into the factory loom so i dont have to change anything

i ive noticed a few sensors and things that are wrong or arent plugged in. thanks for the info man if i have any questions when i start getting serious about getting it running ill shoot you a pm or something. cheers.

some better pics of my new wheels.. need spacers though the offset is horrible

dh64yh.jpg

2qhzzmp.jpg

2h5002d.jpg

got some pics of my wiring mess..

i put power to the two wires sitting there that i figure are positive, and i got one headlight and all the blinkers to work lol, the clock on the dash came on too.. but nothing else worked. no fuel pump no tail lights, nothing

dunno what is meant to go to all these plugs but theres nothing there:

s5wdus.jpg

then theres these two down beside the drivers headlight:

15387xl.jpg

the two wires with the conduiit and the terminals are the ones i put power to, im assuming the one on the left is just like the headlight circuit or something, the other one that has the battery terminal goes down straight to the starter, but it doesnt have a trigger wire hooked up anyway so couldnt try cranking it.. but theres obviously meant to be more things that need power.

eqz4gz.jpg

then theres this peice of the loom that comes out of the fire wall and runs along side the strut tower then into those teo big plugs near the front, but it has a tonne of other plugs that go to nothing, not sure what theyre for, i know one of thems for the 02 sensor, not sure about the rest though, maybe some for ac? and possibly some for power steering? both of which i dont have for some reason lol

2eajho4.jpg

the first one feeds the hicas setup. looks like most of that has been ripped out.

2nd - oem spoiler harness.

3rd the ring terminal and hte battery terminal need to be connected together . that is + supply for the car.

the 4th is the missing ECU harness. all of that feeds to the ECU.

yeah rani is a good mate of mine. why do you ask

Mate i traveled to Sydney to see this car and i was appalled at the state of this car, did your ''good mate Rani'' tell you just how much bog is it this car?

because everywhere i looked i saw it...

You saw the crease in the sill right?

I'm not having a go at you Justin i just don't want you to spend $$$$ on a car that in my opinion shouldn't be on the road.

Mate i traveled to Sydney to see this car and i was appalled at the state of this car, did your ''good mate Rani'' tell you just how much bog is it this car?

because everywhere i looked i saw it...

You saw the crease in the sill right?

I'm not having a go at you Justin i just don't want you to spend $$ on a car that in my opinion shouldn't be on the road.

nah all good man.. yeah im aware of everything man, theres bog ion the rear quarter and the boot, like ive already mentioned this is gonna be a long term build and im most likely going to have overfenders on the rear and probably front anyway. so everything will either get replaced or fixed properly

i wouldnt have got the car if i didnt think i could fix it.. but for what i got it for, it was worth it.

the first one feeds the hicas setup. looks like most of that has been ripped out.

2nd - oem spoiler harness.

3rd the ring terminal and hte battery terminal need to be connected together . that is + supply for the car.

the 4th is the missing ECU harness. all of that feeds to the ECU.

ok yeah the hicas is pretty much all gone, spoiler is nothing to worry about, the 3rd pic is fine ive already connected those two.. so the 4th pic is completely missing a peice of the harness??

nah all good man.. yeah im aware of everything man, theres bog ion the rear quarter and the boot, like ive already mentioned this is gonna be a long term build and im most likely going to have overfenders on the rear and probably front anyway. so everything will either get replaced or fixed properly

i wouldnt have got the car if i didnt think i could fix it.. but for what i got it for, it was worth it.

i wish you all the best with your project justin, i hope it turns out the way you want it to. :)