SAU Community

Justin's R32 Street/track Build

Ive always been a sukka for black centers and chrome lips, they always look a treat. Best of luck with building this car bro, i kno what its like trying to piece other ppls unfinished projects back together, my R32 GTR 2630 is my mates unfinished project. So i can relate to what your going thru, stay focused and positive, u will succeed!

If you need any body and custom paint work, or help with the 2530, just PM or swing by the shop. Il do my best to help u out where i can

All the best

Cooper Customs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok yeah the hicas is pretty much all gone, spoiler is nothing to worry about, the 3rd pic is fine ive already connected those two.. so the 4th pic is completely missing a peice of the harness??

yep ECU harness,wiper harness,ABS harness (in my case) and a resistor harness. so if ALL that is gone then I would source a 25 head with a manual harness attached to it. from there you are going to have to also find a 32 harness and mix/match the two. there is not a lot of difference in them but from an electrical point it would be better to have the 32 harness spliced on to the later RB25 item for circuit tracing when something goes bad.

also ECU choice - nistune would be my pick over the microtech item.

yep ECU harness,wiper harness,ABS harness (in my case) and a resistor harness. so if ALL that is gone then I would source a 25 head with a manual harness attached to it. from there you are going to have to also find a 32 harness and mix/match the two. there is not a lot of difference in them but from an electrical point it would be better to have the 32 harness spliced on to the later RB25 item for circuit tracing when something goes bad.

also ECU choice - nistune would be my pick over the microtech item.

jesus lol, ill have to try and source all that then, ive already got a 25 head so i guess im just gonna have to try and find all the wiring from elsewhere. thanks heaps for the info man

yeah ive heard a lot about the nisunes but never used one or known anyone who has, coming from owning a few VL's and being around a shitload of others im pretty farmiliar with the microtech, ive already got it now so ill just stick with that for the time being i think. if i ever went with anything else i think id just go straight to a haltech

Ive always been a sukka for black centers and chrome lips, they always look a treat. Best of luck with building this car bro, i kno what its like trying to piece other ppls unfinished projects back together, my R32 GTR 2630 is my mates unfinished project. So i can relate to what your going thru, stay focused and positive, u will succeed!

If you need any body and custom paint work, or help with the 2530, just PM or swing by the shop. Il do my best to help u out where i can

All the best

Cooper Customs

yeah i quite like it too!

thanks for the kind words man, yeah im expecting a bit of a headache sorting out all the shit but ill get through it eventually im sure.

yeah if i ever need anything ill contact you man thanks

jesus lol, ill have to try and source all that then, ive already got a 25 head so i guess im just gonna have to try and find all the wiring from elsewhere. thanks heaps for the info man

yeah ive heard a lot about the nisunes but never used one or known anyone who has, coming from owning a few VL's and being around a shitload of others im pretty farmiliar with the microtech, ive already got it now so ill just stick with that for the time being i think. if i ever went with anything else i think id just go straight to a haltech

now how electrically minded are you. this is not a VL :)

haha i know.. i know basics.. im an apprentice mechanic so ive done a lot of electrical stuff at tafe but we only really cover relatively basic stuff..

im just not sure with the r32 whats meant to go where, without it actually being there its not very easy to figure it out lol

like id know the wiring in a vl like the back of my hand but the 32 is new to me

similar but not exactly what you have.

mine has a GTR harness in it but mine is also 4wd.

concentrate on fixing the body first. if it has as much damage as I read then I would start there first before doing anything else.

similar but not exactly what you have.

mine has a GTR harness in it but mine is also 4wd.

concentrate on fixing the body first. if it has as much damage as I read then I would start there first before doing anything else.

If it's got actual damage you could start fixing it but if you are gonna get that 20 running I wouldn't be going too crazy on the body yet man. Imagine the mess you've got with missing wiring and bits and pieces now then add a fully stripped out body as well. It'll be too easy to get overwhelmed if you pull it totally apart in one hit. I'd sort out the problems you've got first then once they are fixed move onto the next section. Unless your going to strip the entire car weld a cage in and replace EVERYTHING then just do it section by section.

the point I am making to him is this:

if he gets it running and then goes for RWC and they find the chassis rails bent and structural damage on it then there will be slim to no chance of getting it road registered.

assess that first before doing the engine side of it. I am going on a previous post so I may be well off the mark here.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/386295-justins-r32-streettrack-build/page__view__findpost__p__6166116

yeah i wanna get the thing running first and start taking it to a few drift events.. after all thats what i bought the car for, to have fun in.. i dont care if the body work side of things doesnt get done for a while i just want it running and sliding for now!

yeah listen the cars rough, but its not as rough as tweety bird made it out to be.. nothing is bent so in all honesty i dunno what hes talking about or what he saw, it has bog in the passangers quarter and bog in the boot from where the spoiler was removed, and yeah it was a bad bog job! other than that the rest of the car is fine besides half rooted paint and a few minor dings and scratches here and there.. but like i said the body doesnt concern me at the moment.. thats all to come later on

oh and i dont pan on having the car registered for a year or so yet

yeah ok cool, and im disagreeing with you and your uncle about the crease in the sill.end of story, we all live happily ever after..

anyway i started beating the drivers side rear quarter dent out and its coming up pretty nice, and i grinded a heap of the bog out from the other side and its not as bad as i thought it would be.. but there has been heaps too much bog used.. ill get it all off and beat it out more then bog it again.. ofr ill just leave it and do the overfenders straight away.. still havnt decided on that yet

the point I am making to him is this:

if he gets it running and then goes for RWC and they find the chassis rails bent and structural damage on it then there will be slim to no chance of getting it road registered.

assess that first before doing the engine side of it. I am going on a previous post so I may be well off the mark here.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/386295-justins-r32-streettrack-build/page__view__findpost__p__6166116

Yeah that's not a bad point but all you need to do is take it to a bodyworks and get them to put it on the bench and measure it up for you that way they can make sure it isn't bent and the wheel base is where it should be. Even if your going to leave it unregistered for a year I'd def get that checked before you go building up a big motor for it. I wouldn't be too worried though mate I was a spraypainter for 5 years and I've seen cars you would think sure to beta write off get fixed no worries so even if it has a bent rail or skirt it's not the end of the world. Also if your gonna put over fenders on the rear then don't worry about fixing those quarters much cause you'll likely have to butcher them so you can run decent size wheels.

Yeah that's not a bad point but all you need to do is take it to a bodyworks and get them to put it on the bench and measure it up for you that way they can make sure it isn't bent and the wheel base is where it should be. Even if your going to leave it unregistered for a year I'd def get that checked before you go building up a big motor for it. I wouldn't be too worried though mate I was a spraypainter for 5 years and I've seen cars you would think sure to beta write off get fixed no worries so even if it has a bent rail or skirt it's not the end of the world. Also if your gonna put over fenders on the rear then don't worry about fixing those quarters much cause you'll likely have to butcher them so you can run decent size wheels.

yeah exactly, i know what its like i have a few mates that are panel beaters/spray painters and i got one mate who runs his old mans shop so ive seen it all lol.. yeah i probably wont end up worrying about the guards too much hey cause i will eventually get the overfenders anyway and yeah im expecting to have to cut up the stock guards to clear wheels anyway

put a few shots up of the work in progress :)

ill take some soon n post em up..

man i went n had a look at my mates GTR, and that whole section of the loom that you said im missing the ecu harness from... is exactly the same on his car, every plug that i dont have going to anything is the same on his car.. he has it all running on the inside of his guard even cause theres nothing plugged into it except that little box at the front!!?

ok so i got my test light out today and i have power at the ecu plug, however none of the lights on the microtech light up when i turn the ignition on, nor do any of the reds come on, on the dash.. hmmmm?

• 3 weeks later...

i went shopping to start collecting bits for my 25/30 build lol

greddy cop plenum, billet fuel rail, 80mm billet throttle body, custom exhaust manifold, tial 44mm gate

1zbqv7b.jpg

25tkd8o.jpg

garrett t04z

245ka3l.jpg

gt35 vs t04z lol

33c7j0n.jpg

the rb25 head i got

295fiif.jpg

and this week some time im gonna buy all the bits to build my bottom end, and ive also got a set of sard 1000cc injectors lined up and ill hunt down an 044 pump or two lol