SAU Community

Calling Out Iron Chef

Iron Chef,

What are the chances of finding an absolute mint condition 1991 + two tone champagne gold/grey nissan Silvia s13 K's in Japan?

One in the same if not better condition than mine before the accident

Mine was non-accident and perfectly straight, and log books etc.

1zqzjgh.jpg

Would it be impossible almost?

As much as I don't want to answer this, yeah it's possible but chances of finding one there are sane odds as finding one locally

If you're going to import buy something better :-p

As a side note:

I would effing love to see an s15 in the paint scheme posted above..

Instant gentleman kit, with the white n champagne two tone...

Oldschool 80s throwback vibe, 4 stud conversion with 15 inch work/ ssr rims...

God I'd love to see that..!!

lol the thread title had me worried there for a second...

They do exist, but they fall well into the realm of collectible classics these days, so you'd need to have very deep pockets to beat anyone local in Japan. Almost certainly more than it would cost to get one here. Look around for something tidy in Oz would be your best bet.

Rowan, your idea reminded me of this car...

4517428233_b705468fc1_o.jpg

Edited by Iron Chef

lol the thread title had me worried there for a second...

They do exist, but they fall well into the realm of collectible classics these days, so you'd need to have very deep pockets to beat anyone local in Japan. Almost certainly more than it would cost to get one here. Look around for something tidy in Oz would be your best bet.

Rowan, your idea reminded me of this car...

4517428233_b705468fc1_o.jpg

So basically when I crashed my car.....I destroyed a collectible classic?

As bad I was already feeling...I now feel about 100 x more bad. Wow.....=(.

Omg shut up la bomba..!!

Go fix it if you care so much.

Kristian - wow that's exactly what I was talking about!!!!

It seems you can acquire a mint one from Japan for 10-15k. Not a bad price.

What are the differences between the 180sx type x and the s13 silvia? I heard the s13 silvia has a much stiffer rear end and thats about it?

What are the differences between the 180sx type x and the s13 silvia? I heard the s13 silvia has a much stiffer rear end and thats about it?

There is no image for the facepalm required here

It seems you can acquire a mint one from Japan for 10-15k. Not a bad price.

Think $15K, not $10K ;)

If you're not trolling, probably best you Google the differences between the two ;)

Think $15K, not $10K ;)

If you're not trolling, probably best you Google the differences between the two ;)

I'm not trolling Chef, I'm using this account to try and sort out the accident and what I will do for a car for the future etc.

I just googled the differences. People are saying the rear parcel shelf and boof makes the rear end of the Silvia stiffer? However this seems like BS. Other websites are saying theres no differences (aside from aesthetics obviously).

I think for the moment, the best thing to I can do will just be to hop on the public transport until I get my full licence and I'll save up money in the meantime. I will definately be in contact with you to import a car Iron Chef...not now but once I talk to my mechanic to see what he thinks about the car I should buy and once I get the money.

The main thing I want when buying will be everything to be straight, no accidents etc. Wouldnt care if the car had a blown engine as long as the chassis was perfectly straight and in factory condition.

I'm turned off the s15 because it looks too mean and would probably feel too "new and advanced". I prefer "basic and raw" like the S13 Silvia.

At the moment I have $5000 saved up. I work part time as a Cadet Quantity Surveyor 2 days a week so I'm on $240 a week which means I'll have approx $15,000 saved by October.

Edited by vtecricer

Before you just decide to buy any car go test drive a few

Just assuming the s15 will feel too new is a stupid reason to avoid buying one

Yeah, good point actually.

In that case I'll have to wait till I can get my full licence in October so I can test drive some turbo vechiles.

I've always liked the Mazda Rx-7 FD3S but the fuel consumption is apparently astronomical...so I couldn't afford to run, let alone maintain one.

I like the lighter FR cars which pretty much limits me to S13 and S15 now that the rx7 has been ruled out as well as the S14 (Body looks too rounded for my liking, it reminds me of a capsule),

Edited by vtecricer

News flash:

Turbos are gay.

The novelty wears off after a while. I don't have one of those PSSSSHHHFFFFTTTTT blow off valves on my car.

Infact I had an apexi pod filter, but I took even THAT off because it made the factory bov a bit loud, I hate the idea that someone could one day see my car n think "his car sounds a bit like that wrx we saw with the driver that has his hat on backwards"

Turbos are gay.

My advice would be to get a cheap little civic to learn how to drive before you jump into a turbo FR. Seeing how you manage to write off your NA s13...

And with your pay, i'm not sure how you can afford to maintain any turbo cars tbh...

While I love S14's series 2's only

The price people want for these your better off with an s15

I paid $11900 for my s14 another $4k and I could have got an s15

But to be honest idtrade my s15 for a decent s14 I love the look of them with the stock side skirts and front bar and the JDM wing