SAU Community

High Five! All Japan Day Returns To Adelaide 26 February

Iron Chef

Here's a photo of the dude with the ferrari i had sent to me lol!!!! Really good day had an awesome time will be there again definitely & here's my favourite Pic of the day (my car!!!) thanks to IRON CHEF & the crew thumbs up!!!

post-30634-0-67723700-1330409196_thumb.png post-30634-0-16657300-1330409225_thumb.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys if you have any suggestions for how we can improve the event for next year, post them up. One idea was to separate the classics and put them over on Colley Reserve, although we would have to really boost numbers to make it happen. Let us know what you think.

^^jap bikes would be good, what about a certain rotary bike that maybe here??

what happened to the sh@tbox car?

maybe a bigger location? Tilley reserve has a lot of car shows and seems to fit a lot there.

next year ill be able to get meguiar's rep to set up a stall if keen? sure they will be willing to pay a fee.

iron chef merch? id get a couple of stickers and one for my work (sa gov) car

above all keep what you are doing:)

Where do you draw the line on classics though?

1985 :)

Someone from the public asked me where the bikes where? Is that a possibility to get a bike display?

Yes we're more than happy to take bikes!! We need to pound some bike forums next year.

^^jap bikes would be good, what about a certain rotary bike that maybe here??

what happened to the sh@tbox car?

maybe a bigger location? Tilley reserve has a lot of car shows and seems to fit a lot there.

next year ill be able to get meguiar's rep to set up a stall if keen? sure they will be willing to pay a fee.

iron chef merch? id get a couple of stickers and one for my work (sa gov) car

above all keep what you are doing:)

The rotary motorbike was actually going to be there this year, but the owner ended up having to work and it was only a last-minute deal to get it down there.

The Sh*tbox car failed to make it due to a rather interesting combo of a woeful attempt at graffiti art and a run-in with a bikie gang...more on that later...

We're talking about possibly letting in a few trade stands to help cover costs, and I have some new merch in the pipeline.

Would anyone be keen on an AJD Japanese parts/memorabilia swap meet? Option magazines, rare classic badges, turbos, rims, old workshop manuals etc etc etc - set up your own stand for a fee, that sort of stuff.

Maybe some promo girls in all Japan day tops!!! They would definitely help with the fundraising!! Bikini car wash anyone lol nah but seriously some more promo girls would help!

This guy knows

Maybe some promo girls in all Japan day tops!!! They would definitely help with the fundraising!! Bikini car wash anyone lol nah but seriously some more promo girls would help!

I like breasts as much as the next guy, but no promo girls.

Promo girls?? Trade stands?? Next you'll want a dj and entertainment and then wonder why it costs do much??

And even then it'll just turn into another car show like extreme horsepower/nu skool old skool/ smasa show and shine.

If you can't see enough eye candy at the bay on a hot day without having promo chicks, you need glasses.

All Jap Day is great as it is, a grass roots old school type show with none of the crap you don't need. It's a great social show with lots of different styles and groups coming together(except that auto salon rice crap)

I'm sure all of us agree that we are not after ricer cars or dj's!!! We love what all Japan day is & only brainstorming ideas to see if we can improve on it!! I think the rare parts/collectibles/etc swap/sell stand is an excellent idea!! Splitting the classics (if we get enough cars that is) is also a legit idea with 1985 being a wise cut off!! What would also help numbers for next year is if events didn't clash (I know that's never easy!) & more people spread the word (I know I will be :)!!!) chef did a great job & u've now got my loud mouth advertising your business to people & all Japan day for next year! Hats off to u mate

^^lol I like your attitude :)

Next year should be Feb 24 but we can bump it a week later into March if we get in early enough. Fingers crossed it doesn't clash with Clipsal though...