SAU Community

Rb25Det Spark Plugs

jet2nv

use bcpr6e they are gapped at .8 and have a better heat range you may struggle to get bcpr6e but you can get the bcpr6e-11 and regap to .8 plenty of this info in general maintenance

yeah i kinda cant be bothered gapping plugs anymore

i was told to get heat range 7s

and the problem is bursons no longer have BCPR on there system any more which makes me think theres a different part number for them now i think i can use bkr7e from memory which come pregapped

get the plug p/n AGSP22YE09 from ford. genuine plug made by denso. my tuner insisted i use them as they are the best they've used and are platinum i think? and only 15 bucks each

the only difference between the BK and BCP plugs is the length of the plug from the gasket to the top of the plug (where the coil plugs onto). the BK's are about 2.5mm shorter, could be enough to make a bad connection to the coil?

whether it has a v-groove or not is in the S part of the part number, BCPR6ES is a standard tip, BCPR6E is a v-groove tip.

i just picked up a set of BCPR7ES last week at supercheap, so you can still get them.

Edited by QWK32

i work at autobarn... they still make them

Yep, I go to Autobarn Bayswater, they have BCPR7ES, I wanted to try BCPR7E (the v groove) and those have to be ordered...

ok cool as i might give that a shot

do u know who sells them pregapped to .8 i can get .9 from bursons but im thinking i might goto supercheap and get a gapping tool from them to kinda looks like a 20 cent coin if u know what i mean

im thinking about getting bcpr7es as i have a 25 with nstune ecu cooler exhaust 555cc injectors and 13-14psi for a month or 2 untill i sell my brand new gt3582 so i can get a gt3076 and put that on

get the plug p/n AGSP22YE09 from ford. genuine plug made by denso. my tuner insisted i use them as they are the best they've used and are platinum i think? and only 15 bucks each

Interesting you say this, i noticed when changing the spark plugs in mrs ba xr6 turbo, it had ngk plugs im pretty sure same part number as rb25det plugs... i decided to get some geniune ford plugs, they were marked denso and only cost me $60 for the set... i was thinking of replacing my r34 with the same plugs from ford anyone else can confirm this will be suitable?

Edited by rgr34

• 5 years later...