SAU Community

R32 Gtr + Mods-How Much Power Output?

91BNR32

Hi guys

I have a 91 R32 GTR, has a fully rebuilt motor to all N1 specs. N1 Turbo's, N1 oil/water pump etc etc. Has 1500km on it. Also have a 3'' exhaust and HKS Pod filters. I'm getting it fitted and tuned with some parts soon. Feels like its runing stock boost at the moment. So not sure how much its making.

Apexi Power FC pro + Hand Controller

Apexi Boost control kit

Nismo fuel pump 276 lph

Nismo fuel pressure regulator

Sard 700cc injectors

I'm just wanting to know everyone opinions on what kind of power I will make at the wheels once I have this work done. Since I have the N1 turbos, I'll probably be getting it tuned at 15-17 psi. I Heard i'll make 250rwkw+ and then heard from other's I should crack 300rwkw.

Your thoughts???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Around 265 depending on exhaust restrictions.

Only one way to tell for sure - tune the thing and come back with a result. Then put it in the RB26 dyno thread which is up the top of this section.

Yea sorry, didnt mean all forged, just ment Pistons etc. Yea fairly sure its been built to proper N1 specs. Ohh, I really hope I dont get all those RB" problemsthen haha :(. Boost it is. Hopefully 18psi will be comfortable for it.

Edited by 91BNR32

I bought it, and the guy rebuilt it all to N1 Specs, inlcuding turbo's etc. I dont think he did the oil system which would of been smart, just has gthe N1 oil pump etc. so that's why I thought 18psi is probably enough for it. Has only 1500km since the rebuild. But you guys would know more than me.

Just wanted to see what kind of power it will make with those mods, and it looks like high 200's. maybe 300rwkw with 18-19psi.

Mine made 400rwhp at 18psi with R34 N1 turbos.

Same.

91BNR - you should have no problems getting 300kw, and you shouldn't need to add any other parts to get there. The only thing you could add is adjustable cam gears, to help low end response.

yea I thought about cam gears, not sure if really needed them though. How about the Stock R32 GTR AFM's. will they flow 300rwkw? I mean i don't wanan keep spending more money than I need too. Gotta draw the line somewhere lol. and 300rwkw would make me happy

Those turbos+ 700cc injectors and standard afms should net you 300 rwkw.. Standard afms start maxing out at around 310-320 mark

Make sure it's a safe tune, dont bash the limiter, service the engine properly and enjoy

Who's tuning it btw?

Stock injectors will be fine as well. They will run out 280-300rwkw as well. Spending $700 on injectors and not doing the AFM's is a waste IMO.

If you run out of injectors, just up the rail pressure a bit. I've managed 340rwkw out of stock injectors via a very tiny bump in the pressure. Wouldn't go any more than that but it can be done and reliable.

Thanks for the advise guys. From what people are saying, I might just leave the standard injectors and AFM's and get it tuned at 16-19psi. And just see what I get. The injectors have been Sonic cleaned, flowed & tested with new caps, so they would atleast be in good healthy condition. And the AFM's have been properly cleaned aswell. If I get close to 300rwkw with that I'll be happy. As I am on a budget, no point me spending another $1200 if my injectors and AFM's are holding up well at high 200's/300.

Power FC

Boost control kit

Nismo Fuel pump 276l

Nismo fuel pressure regulator

Tune 17-19psi

= See what I get for now :)

Would people agree that if I wanted to go furthur after that, it would be 700cc injectors, Z32 AFM's and Cam gears?

Cheers for all your input, helps me out alot.

Edited by 91BNR32