SAU Community

Mines ECU?

i know its an old thread but towards the tuning side for mines chipped ecus would something like a safc make any difference to making the mines chip more useable??

It may but don't mess around, ditch the Mines and get something like a plug in Wolf 3D, that's what I ended up doing. Far better tuning options then.

I do abit of ecu remapping and i'm pretty sure mines chips are just standard remaps except done by mines, you can get the data off the chip if your car has a consult interface, and burn a modified version of it to a new chip and put it in another ecu, but removing the chip to reprogram it without damaging the chip or the board is quite impossible.

because aussie fuel is different ron you would be much better off getting a decent remap utilising a dyno.

IMHO people only buy mines comps for the wank factor, "its got a mines ecu, woooo"

also imo aftermarket ecus dont offer all that much more tuning options, just the fact that they are easier to tune.

Better, easier, sort of same difference. Anyway, it's a lot easier to buy a Wolf, Microtech, etc, plug it in, install the supplied software and away you go. Getting the right tools to interrogate a standard box, chipped or unchipped, is not easy.

Also, not that a dyno showed it, nor could it be heard, but the Mines was leaning out so much at high revs that it was detonating very badly. The result was one valve gone and piston number 6 lost it's side.

Anyway, I now have the following ready to screw together:

Nismo N1 block (brand new from Japan)

Wiseco Forged Pistons

Shotpeened standard rods

3 layer 1.6mm metal head gasket

New valves (cant remember the brand atm but not bloody cheap)

Machined and ported head

HKS adjustable cam gears

Wolf 3D (already installed yet not had a real proper run due to piston)

Still to come:

New cams and turbos.

Next will be uprgraded cooler.