SAU Community

Meguiars G220V2 Polisher - Feedback?

Hi every1,

Im looking at buying a Meguiars G220V2 polisher and retiring my old buffers.

Does anyone here currently have one? Or can provide any feedback on them?

Cheers in advance.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

I'd also consider the Concours 900 Polisher from Waxit (SAU Trader). This looks to have more grunt than a lot of others. I have one of the cheaper Porter Cable units similar to the old Meguiar's ones. It is ok but lacks the ability to get out things like sanding marks. I haven't tried a wool pad with it though. A rotary polisher would be able to do that but requires a bit more skill and care to be taken. I have been thinking about buying one of these Concours 900 units.

Hi mate, Thanks for the details.

I would be pretty confident using it, just have not seen this model in the flesh yet (to check out the build quality - etc).

Do you have one you will be using on the day? And do you sell them?

Cheers.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

not too sure how the meguiars ones are, but i tried a mothers palm polisher once, it was okay but dont think it would do any good paint correction.

i use a bosch gex150T - about 350 bucks from bunnings but its good for most machine corrections, and with a forced rotation mode which is highly recommended.

alot of final inspection guys use it :)

otherwise theres festools but their mighty expensive.

Hey mate,

Cheers for the info, I actually have a Mothers buffer at the moment, i will be keeping it one as part of my kit (Your right, its not for paint correction, however I will still use it for final waxing - and to save whatever wear and tear I can on my good polisher, whether its a meguiars one or not.)

I'm am still leaning towards biting the bullet, buying one online and getting it sent over.

Hi every1,

I am looking at buying one of these polishers, it would be sent over from the UK.

Wanted to confirm - I would obviously need to buy an aus plug / adaptor (as it would have a UK plug) but would it need anything else? (transformer to convert voltage - etc?)

Just wondering if anyone knew? I had another member PM me about that and it got me thinking.

Ebay link to the polisher is attached - http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

Cheers in advance.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

Seriously, for that price of around $330 delivered, I would consider buying one locally for several reasons, the most important being warranty.

If you're on a budget: Concours 900 kit

http://www.waxit.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=586&category_id=34&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

If you have a bit more to spend: Bosch Gex 150T

If you have a lot more to spend: Flex 3401 or Festool Rotex

Thanks Eugene, I was actually thinking about warranty this afternoon and your right - it would be a pickle.

I did call Meguiars today and confirmed that they have no plans to sell the polisher locally, and they actually suggested that I purchase a Makita or Bosch one.

Will definately look further in to this - thanks again.

Guys I HIGHLY RECCOMEND the CONCOURS 900. I had a DAS 6/G220V2 and didn’t mind it but it bogged down WAY to easy. At waxit one day and Antonio made me try the Concours 900 (thinking oh yea it’ll be the same as all others I have used). I would have to say torque seemed up by 20% or so and worked great. I have now moved onto a Flex VRG3401 which is ALOT more expensive but in its range and for a hobbyist you CANNOT go past the Concours 900. Plus support the people that support your forum and club!

Regards,

Mitch