SAU Community

Haltech Tuners Quote

black jack

Hi guys,

i got a quote from Jem in ingleburn for $2650 to install and tune Haltech ultimate pro in my r33 gtst. I am getting rid of the air flow meter

and the old setup with emange. i do have stage 2 modifications and just want some opinion. Even better a group install to reduce the cost.

Thanks

Every car is slightly different, so whatever you get quoted could quite possibly be very different to what someone else will be quoted due to mods, condition of car (will any other work be required to make sure it's running at its best before and after the tune), accessories fitted (different injectors, fuel pumps, surge tanks, etc.).

gts-t -> i wouldn't bother with the haltech unless you have a stupid amount of power or are extremely anal about your fuel/air ratio. Buy a power FC or link G4 ( i have one that im willing to part with :-) ).

It will save you money and much more people are around to dyno tune them.

gts-t -> i wouldn't bother with the haltech unless you have a stupid amount of power or are extremely anal about your fuel/air ratio. Buy a power FC or link G4 ( i have one that im willing to part with :-) ).

It will save you money and much more people are around to dyno tune them.

tell me more cost install and tune and reliabilty. i just want to get rid of the afm too many issues.

thanks

tell me more cost install and tune and reliabilty. i just want to get rid of the afm too many issues.

thanks

Power FC is good, but Haltec is better in most ways. Hower from reading this forum and my own experiance Haltech do tend to be a little picky if you have electrical issues (one unit will work fine in one car but in another it can become more difficult).

I would not buy a power FC if you want to remove AFM's though. The basic model does not allow it and the dejetro can apparently be a pain to tune and costs as much as a new Haltech/Vipec.

Don't pay stupid amounts of money for this stuff unless you are going for a full house drag engine.

I have an RB25DET in my HR31 and have just had a Z32/Nistune installed and dyno tuned for $800. Picked up another 30Kw and it has everything you need for a full motor upgrade.

Uses the AFM though. I agree it would be nice to get rid of it but not for another $2000!

What's wrong with the AFM? What's so stupid about it? I prefer AFM tuning over MAP because you don't have that untunable spot between -ve and +ve manifold pressure. If you don't run silly useless BOVs I can't see why the AFM is such a problem. Even so, you can easily compensate for it with the fuel deceleration adjustment.

I just paid $1500 - Instal and tune Haltech Sports 2000 from scratch. Zip programming on the unit.

That's in the ACT so your being ripped.

Appologies if that is purchase, install and tune - then it's an awesome price.

• 2 months later...

Appologies if that is purchase, install and tune - then it's an awesome price.

It WILL be purchase and install as i have a quote for the PS2000 completely wired into my R34 with wideband and tune and its not much more than the pricing above...

JEM are one of the best Haltech tuners around and if you want a premium job that you will be happy with i suggest you spend the money once and do it right.

I had a Power FC and had no issues with it but ditched it in favour for the Haltech due to the mods and E85 etc... But for most road cars a Power FC will do the job fine.

I have done so much research on ECU's lately and all seem to have heaps of PROS and not many CONS, but it all depends on the application you want it for i guess.

The guys at JEM have done a few mates cars now and will be doing mine and a couple of others very soon, we drive 3hrs just to get there simply because they are so helpful, pricing is good and they have an awesome reputation.

Adam is one of the best when it comes to Haltech from everything i've been told and the mates that have gone have been REALLY happy :cheers: