SAU Community

R34 Gtr Owners, What Adjustable Arms Are You Using?

Meh. ALL my Ikeya arms are pillow balls and some have been in there for almost 4 years. They're fine.

People make out like they flog out in 100 km's. As for noise.... Can't hear nothing!

Your car has only seen 2 full days of driving time haha

But 20 years for rubber vs less than 10 for rose joints or less again for cheap shit ones

Shhh, can't tell people :P. They are never on hand and always have to wait and order em in.

I have the castor bush kit with an offset pin for more caster, so i get to keep the light aluminum lower arms.

Whitle front and rear adjustable sway bars, and I just ordered the rear swaybar bearing link kit to go with it.

My 32GTR had whiteline sway bars too, and their camber correction bush kits. 6 years of use and the bushes were fine.

Whats wrong with whiteline? no ones mentioned whiteline except for sean.

I dont think whiteline do actual adj arms , they only have the adj bushes from what I have seen and those bushes are fine if you only want to make very slight adjustments as there is not much in them.

Yuh, Whiteline bush kits are nearly useless for gaining adjustment more than about 0.5 degree (depending on which arm we're talking about). In addition, I replaced my original front caster arms that were fitted with Whiteline polyurethane bushes with some rose jointed adjustables. Even without winding in any more caster the car improved massively just because the squishability of the bushes was gone. Those caster bushes take a lot of force, and they do move a lot.

I dont think whiteline do actual adj arms , they only have the adj bushes from what I have seen and those bushes are fine if you only want to make very slight adjustments as there is not much in them.

From the whiteline website:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/do_segue4.php?make=Nissan&model=Skyline&model_final=SKYLINE+R34+GTR+AWD&vehicle=11%2F98-02

Part numbers:

KTA 128

KTA117

Those are the one's I plan to use....

• 2 months later...

just an update...

pulled trigger on a set of Cusco arms front and rear. Perfect fit (as expected) no farking around, but some issues though.... can't seem to run less than -3 camber no the front :( - rear is set about -1 which is about right for street for me, but as much as the turn-in is freaking nice with the current setup, i got adjustable arms hoping i could run street'ish camber and cranking some more neg in when needed.

is this normal for cusco arms? are they just that much shorter that you can't actually get 'a little' camber? i was kinda thinking like -1.5. on the fronts....

it's low but not that low, and the suspension place said the same thing. It looks low'ish but in terms of geometry etc it's THAT low... that's why i'm a little confused.... - if anything, i'd probably want to drop it some more