SAU Community

And so it begins...

Yup I have officially started the whole "import thing"

I have put my $825 deposit down with SVI (Special Vehicle Imports) to start looking for a car for me. After having looked in the trading post for the last 2 months or so and only seeing one which I liked I figured meh if I am spending that much money I had may as well get exactly what I want... so I have told them exactly what I want and fingers crossed they should come up with something in the couple of weeks which I can bid on...

basically asked them to get me a stockish S2 R33 Black with genuine low km's. I am just keen to get the car before I think about modding it to much but I think end result will be very similar to aurora's two shmick S2's in Canberra woot

anyways I will update this thread as time goes on letting you know how the process goes and what I think of it anyways. As long as this is ok with the mod's or should I not use names ??? anyways I am confident they will get me what I am after they have been very helpful unlike some other companies who I won't name...

so yea fingers crossed I should have a skyline in 2 - 3 months maybe a little more.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey leech, I got my car thru SVI...got nothing but good things to say about them!!

they did everything...Mick picked it up from the docks and organised all the compliance, even put it on a Finemores truck to come down here from Brissy..

when the compliancers forgot to put in my FM expander, he sent me one straight away.

anyway, good luck! and don't get too hung up on the kms...go for a good auction grade :(

cheers for all the replies guys.

and yea shell i have been speaking with Zac and Mick both seem like top blokes offering alot of advise and filling me in on a few area's i was a little worried about. Plus as you said they will do pretty much everything for me i just pick out the car and pay them some $$$'s and wait for my car to arrive. but all in all i am confident in who is buying my car for me so i am happy :D

maybe we should make a black s2 meetup now that theres a few more going round

sounds good to me ;0 go the blacks skylines ;)

and shell if you have any extra info on what to look for at auction please pm me or that goes for anyone :D

I think you'll find there are already at least 2  

(ok, it's not black but there's nothing like a sexy S2 silver beast I say)

lol i was only referring to black if i had said skylines in general i would have said the silvers too :D i like em all :headspin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have now entered the I need money badly and quickly state haha I have now bought my skyline :cheers: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT now you don't all have to listen to me say when I get my skyline this and that hehe I will have one soon...

Attached are some pics details are as follows

Year: 1997

Model: S2 GTS25T M Spec

Colour: Black

Mileage: 50,400kms

Auction Grade: 4 according to SVI it could have been closer to 4.5 :D

Interior Grade: B

Price: $25,000ish (that's after everything eg compliance, shipping etc)

In excellent condition I paid a little more than I was hoping to but hey I know I am fussy and would rather pay a little more to get exactly what I am after.

Guest RedLineGTR

oh nice and clean...looks like it has some sort of cat back or something exhaust installed too :cheers:

yea was a little pricy but meh :) i was getting sick of waiting for something to pop up plus this is exactly to my specs and yea it does have a exhaust but as part of complience supposedly it has to be removed.

lol yea thats what i am hoping for too kamikaze :( they said it should be 3 - 4 weeks to ship over and then another monthish to get complied etc however i am thinking all up it will be more the 2- 3 months.. fingers crossed its sooner rather than later.

and thanks for the words GTS_DUY ;)