SAU Community

And so it begins...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you're car looks great, almost exactly the same as mine only mine doesn't have all the badging and stuff on it (to be thruthful im glad, didn't want some dick trying to get the S logo off the bonnet with a screwdriver :bonk: )

As for my baby :) booked in for rego on Thursday, should pick it up next weekend if all goes well. I'm all psyched up now! :)

Anyways, good luck with it, that's one nice looking car!

lol we will probably be on the road at the same time maybe you a couple of weeks earlier :) yea the badge on the bonnet will come off ASAP looks a bit homo on that note any tips people that have removed it is it glued on or does it have some sort of bolt/attachement.

ewen is standing next to me and has claimed ownership rights to your badge :) and if you decide you want to keep it, ewen still has ownership rights and will come looking for it. :)

yea i would see if i do want it in the end but i was thinking POSSIBLY i dont know how it would look yet but see if it would mount between the bonnet and the bart like were people ahve their GT-R one i could just put that S... not sure if it would look dicky or not but we will see hopefully it looks good

• 3 weeks later...

well the car arrived today took it for a quick spin around the block mmm turbo's are nice. other than that it needs a really good clean and a bit of cut and polish and it will be sweet as. Goes into rego on thursday and seeing as how it is stock as a rock it should have no problems. also tested all power options eg indicators, break lights, mirrors windows etc etc all work fine so yea i may actually get spotted soon WOOT. hope to catch up with some of you soon.. FINALLY :wassup:

Nice work mate! Took delivery of mine yesterday too. Went for a spin around Manuka...i wasn't driving cause i don't get to till november but it's still a great car to be a pasenger in. Picked up rego for mine as well, the last 3 digits are 33M :)

yea i am trying to work out plates i dont want anything full custom but i thought you can get some fairly cheap if they follow some particular syntax eg

lm 233 or something like that ???

my name 2 for series 2 33 for model ???

yeah, lets see, i got the custom plates sheet here (i wanted GAJ 33T but it cost about $1,800!!!!) the example RH 351 costs $313 for tin and $399 for plastic, unique plates (like GAJ 33T) are $1,894... if it looks like a manufacturer or model (e.g Ni55an) that's $3,531 and numeric plates go from $627 to $4,602

Almost forgot, plates with your name on them with seven or less characters cost $627.

I just ended up getting standard plates, but the lady at the motor registery Gaye was really nice and after seeing the number combo i wanted went and found plates with the numbers 33 in them. 33M or 33C... i went for M.

About the plates, i noticed the standards fit just fine in the rear bracket, but at the front they're a few centimetres too long and had to be bent to fit in the mounting brackets. It looks pretty crappy. Is it possible to get a smaller plate for the front and how much would i be looking at for that? I want to keep it blue + white like the standard plate on the back too.

Side mount it.

Also, some places make a bracket which brings the number plate out past the front of the bar. I've still got tin plates, so i just cut the tin plate shorter so it fits in the bar.

About the plates, i noticed the standards fit just fine in the rear bracket, but at the front they're a few centimetres too long and had to be bent to fit in the mounting brackets. It looks pretty crappy. Is it possible to get a smaller plate for the front and how much would i be looking at for that? I want to keep it blue + white like the standard plate on the back too.

on the R32 the plates dont fit at all without bending, so the front i moved to the side and the rears bent, not much can be done about it

good to see the two of you will both be on the road soon,

Kinda yes....but what would they prefer? no plates at all? :D

When i get around to ordering a plastic replacement for my tin ones, i'll whip up a bracket to side mount it. Give more flow to what's left of my intercooler, and looks good too :) Brake ducting...who needs brake ducting...i've got a great big stainless pipe there for the intercooler anyway