SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Gravity eh? :glare: lol well i think i better tackle that is issue number one!

Nah wasnt a typo, i was reading up on it (well trying too) and i thought Err 001 was open circuit and Err 100 was Stepper Motor Memory or something like that, it says to do a reset or something but as i know fck all about it i have been hesitant to do so, i switched it off so its on gate pressure and yesterday it still come up Err 100 after a squirt....

I am retarded when it comes to this sort of thing :ph34r:

check all the wiring as it sounds like its losing connection somewhere... maybe a bad earth.

in all honesty i would ditch the freaking thing before it costs you a motor. I hate HKS EVC, i had 2 in the past... one never worked right and i binned it. the other worked fine for ages, i sold it in working condition, sold it to someone on ebay who asked i install it, installed it and got it working well, then it fking died 3 days later and caused me no end of trouble with the dude (douche) who bought it.

i sold the working one twice to be honest, first guy was a young kid off here who installed it upside down and couldnt work out why it had infinity boost. once he turned it the right way up it was fine but wasnt happy with how little extra power the car had on 11psi than it did on 9... thus wanted a refund.

i hate those boost controllers with a passion. my own car has a turbotech.

Have heard a few complaints about 36s glad I didn't buy them ..31s seem to be a better tyre for the money by all accounts..

Nittos just over 400$ for 255/17s pretty good value and look more like a track tyre than street..whT are they like in the wet ?

Will either get these or splurge on the yokos :thumbsup:

Last time I checked I didn't think you could get the Nittos in a 45 series???

I could get a 255/40/17 but only a 235/40/17 for the front, that's why I ended up going with the Yokies.

Fwiw I got the ad08's much cheaper than 400 a corner.

Sorry back on topic now

Im not sure how much tyre choice has to do with it.

i remember speaking to a few great minds about that sort of thing who gave me great insight. from memory, manufacturers like porsche use wider tyres to get the same levels of grip with a better wear ratio. the concept behind that is in the weight of the car over the area of tyre.

the smaller the tyre is the more force it will have per unit of area. so a skinny tyre will have more pressure applied per square inch than a wider tyre.

i also read that wider tyres can give the illusion of more grip by needing more energy to turn and make lose grip. generally the skinnier tyres and wheels were seen as more efficient which is why in the early days of F1 they would run tiny tyres.

nowadays we are always pushing the boundaries with speed and need wider stuff to distrubute the wear and need less changes in a single race.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd traction @ 300kw discussion BEGIN:

Have heard a few complaints about 36s glad I didn't buy them ..31s seem to be a better tyre for the money by all accounts..

Nittos just over 400$ for 255/17s pretty good value and look more like a track tyre than street..whT are they like in the wet ?

Will either get these or splurge on the yokos :thumbsup:

i did 10 minutes up mt buller rd in the rain with them...

Thats $400 per tyre?

That's rather expensive, I would rather rsr's I think

they can be found cheaper

assuming you mean Federal RS-R, they have them at option 1 garage, $265 for 265/35 R18, but 36's are like $395

does this mean kuhmo are alot better tyre???

im not advocating Option1 either, id prefer not to go back there myself after my last experience :domokun:

you guys should really try the achillies 123s. for the money they provide awesome grip! not sure how they wear but would be better then an RSR

ku36's are crap.. never touching them again

Interestingly they have a wear rating of 220 but we did a track night the other night and a friend used them on his S15 and they shagged out fairly quick. My AD08's were still like brand new in comparison after more laps

BUT they did seem to provide very good grip, the lap times he did were amazing for the wear rating...

Edited by SimonR32

Last time I checked I didn't think you could get the Nittos in a 45 series???

I could get a 255/40/17 but only a 235/40/17 for the front, that's why I ended up going with the Yokies.

Fwiw I got the ad08's much cheaper than 400 a corner.

Sorry back on topic now

yeah 255/40s and I meant $400 for a pair, sorry guys...425$ actually on ebay, but looks like they're out of stock :(

235/40s are fine on the front of a 33 as well, i'd run em..might even solve some of scrub issue ..though I doubt it...

whats the going rate on ad08s then??

Interestingly they have a wear rating of 220 but we did a track night the other night and a friend used them on his S15 and they shagged out fairly quick. My AD08's were still like brand new in comparison after more laps

BUT they did seem to provide very good grip, the lap times he did were amazing for the wear rating...

i personally think that the load rating on the 123's is a bit of bullshit.. they seem to be on par with lower rated tyres for wear, but the rating is what it is so that it passes various motorsport rulings around the world

I got mine for 1230 bux including wheel alignment and some camber/castor adjustment.

That was for 255/45/17 rears and 235/45/17 fronts.........oh and nitrogen for around 8bux

Btw ARTZ I think a 235/40 on the front would look kind of odd IMO, but that's just me. Plus with the 40 rear and 45 front the rolling radius is almost perfect, I think there is something like 4mm difference