SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

yeah my bro in law ended up in hospital after too many rockstars, and another mate had to have meds for heart palpitations caused by an excessive red bull intake..But fark Trev, my best was Melbourne to Rockhampton in about 22hours solo. But you have smashed that..well done..

Though I have heard the western red bull is something special ;)

Yeah I prob wasn't far off those blokes on the trip over. My heart wanted out of my chest.was surprisingly calm behind the wheel but a fruit loop when getting fuel etc. I couldn't write my details when I arrived at the hotel and had to get reception to do it for me. Was the only time I've had more than 2 at a time.

Anyways not relevant to thread. Back on topic.

• 1 month later...

May I join?

R32 GTST

Stock RB25DET

Kando T67 10cm

Tial 44mm Wastegate

6Boost exhaust manifold

3" exhaust with single muffler

Random FMIC

Freddy Plenum

Bosch ID1000 injectors

Turbosmart FPR800

Walbro 400lph E85 compatible running E85

Splitfire Coilpacks

post-32498-0-35033400-1346680949_thumb.jpg post-32498-0-15284200-1346681004_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

mods: Stock Plenum, Stock Manifolds (Intake and Exhaust), Stock airbox w/ Trust Greddy Panel Filterz32 w/ Tomei Plug, Metal Intake Pipe 3" to 4", Blitz Return Flow Intercooler, Garret GTX3076R IW 0.82, Custom Dump/Front to Highflow 3" Metal Cat, Stainless Steel Catback to Apexi Active Tail Silencer. Splitfires and Iridium plugs.
fuel:e85: via Walbro 400lph e85 Pump and Nismo 740cc
power:301rwkw
oil: Currently Motul 300V will switch to 6100
useage: Street Driven but will begin trackdays. Have a Low Boost setting 270rwkw
lifespan: 2 years at 150rwkw, 2 months at 260rwkw and a few runs on the dyno at 301rwkw - soon to be picked up today.
failure: Overheated - Cooling system was overhauled, Hoses, Waterpump, Thermostat and Koyorad Aluminium Radiator
comments:The price for this entry ticket has been very hefty and to be honest, I really didn't take into account what would really be involved when embarking on this journey!

Dyno graph and how many boosts? Sorry to gear about the overheat.... The stock engines are the way to go with E85 though so as Scott said have a spare one handy, i will eventually :)

Apologies, I mistook failure to be 'failures that have occured along the way'. It appears I can't edit the post at work, probably since we're still on Internet Explorer 6. So for now, as of Today, it's happy story and really glad to share this with you all. Can't wait till 5 o'clock to go pick it up and drive it for the first time at this power level.

It was pretty funny talking to the workshop yesterday. They advised they hit 290kw since it wouldn't make any more with the stock airbox. I literally told them I wanted to get into the '300kw Unopened 25 Club'. haha

Dyno graph and how many boosts? Sorry to gear about the overheat.... The stock engines are the way to go with E85 though so as Scott said have a spare one handy, i will eventually :)

Took a bit of boost to get there when compared to others (19PSI). The stock airbox was believed to be responsible. Eventually had to resort to making several holes in the airbox to open it up. Set-up looks very factory. Graph for below:

(Not sure how to create Thumbnail view, Sorry)

dynograph301kw.jpg

Edited by tranman

I'm part of this club too! Wooo!

Actually, i only made 296rwkw :glare: lol.....is there a 500 plus club now?? :P

EDIT; just read first page haha

mods: power fc, nismo 740s, avcr, gt3076r .82 rear, 45mm turbosmart gate
fuel: BP98
power: 296rwkw
oil: Castrol Edge 10-60
useage: 7 years of constant abuse
lifespan: unlimited
failure: none :D
comments: motor is pulled out for rebuild, chasing minimum 500rwkw

Thanks

Edited by MR 33
  • Like 1

I'm part of this club too! Wooo!

Actually, i only made 296rwkw :glare: lol.....is there a 500 plus club now?? :P

Yep there is, now take your GT37 and go join it haha.... Looking forward to following your build :yes:

Hi Tranman , I'd like to see your intake from the Z32 to the GTX3076R if possible because many claim its difficult to do .

Do we know for sure if the std GTS25T airbox can't support 300 RWKW , I still have mine and it has a cleanable Piper Cross element in it . I'd also like to see the box mods as I like stealth and I'm using the same IC as yours . The airbox in R33 GTRs must be significantly better if it supports more than 290-300 RWKW .

Good effort , cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

Just make a flange on inside of airbox bolting to AFM, then run a pipe straight out the bottom to a ppod filter! Had that set up for years, passed DECC an everything LOL i even had the stock panel filter in place above the pipe

Just make a flange on inside of airbox bolting to AFM, then run a pipe straight out the bottom to a ppod filter! Had that set up for years, passed DECC an everything LOL i even had the stock panel filter in place above the pipe

Lol awesome! :P