SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

R33 S1 RB25 with nice deep gouge marks in 2 bores

mods: genuine T6725G 8cm, standard intake manifold, HKS cams/cam gears, NO VCT, RB20 loom and ECU
fuel: BP98
power: 311kw on 19psi
oil: penrite 15w40
useage: drifting
lifespan: have only done 1 event in it so far but seems strong, no blow by or anything
failure: none yet

E16C0E13-7A45-4DF1-81D6-4948F531E79F-252

Hey guys, can I join?

mods: 3" exhaust, greddy 600*300*76 intercooler, nismo fuel pump, nismo 740cc injectors, Hypergear ATR43 G3 turbo, low mount, stock manifold
fuel: e85 Caltex EFlex
power: 304 @ 17psi (clutch slipping so can't go further)
oil: Castrol Edge 10w60
useage: Daily driver - to and from work - occasional mountains flogging or track day
lifespan: Owned for 3 years still going
failure: None - touch wood
comments: So much fun!

2013-04-04%2018.42.32.jpg

Hi Tranman , I'd like to see your intake from the Z32 to the GTX3076R if possible because many claim its difficult to do .

Do we know for sure if the std GTS25T airbox can't support 300 RWKW , I still have mine and it has a cleanable Piper Cross element in it . I'd also like to see the box mods as I like stealth and I'm using the same IC as yours . The airbox in R33 GTRs must be significantly better if it supports more than 290-300 RWKW .

Good effort , cheers A .

Pictures (below) of what the workshop (Chasers Motorworks) did to open it up the stock airbox. They also fabricated the intake pipe to the turbo using a silicon hose joiner from the z32 to the 3" metal intake pipe before joining to the turbo via 3" to 4" silicon hose fitting. I was advised it was a bitch to do by the workshop.

The stock airbox was holding me back on my car hence needing to drill out holes. Not saying it will/may hold others back if they have better flowing setups etc.

stockairboxtopview.jpg

stockairboxsideview.jpg

Was tough getting a pic to show you the pipe from the z32 at this time, but you may be able to just make out how it reaches the turbo.

intakefromz32.jpg

I looked up pics of the R33 GTRs airbox and it seems to lay on its side so there is a greater volume of air either side of the element .

Has anyone tried to use the 33 GTRs box in a 25T ? Probably a bit of stuffing around making a Y pipe but if you're doing something for a bigger turbo inlet ?

A .

Edited by discopotato03

If it rains and you run into a puddle of water game over. I reckon the stock airboxes were designed quite well.Wouldnt risk a few kws for defeacts or even messing up your build.

You sir have some lucky charm casted to your car.Guess I was just unlucky anyway just pointing it out it could have been something else wrong with my airbox

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2