SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

it's a 25/30... so it could have anything inside...

it's realistically no different to saying "my blown LS9 makes over 300"

Dont sat that or we will have Captain Natro in here next :P

it's a 25/30... so it could have anything inside...

it's realistically no different to saying "my blown LS9 makes over 300"

Isn't the turbo a 2530 (as in HKS GT2530)? Not the engine...

Mat are you the current unopened record holder in this thread?

I dont think so? Surely there are higher results with 35r's etc?

Ill have a crack at the record tho :O

don't you have cams Mat..im pretty sure cams were allowed anyway, it wasn't a decision I agreed with though.. to me Unopened means unopened.

I took my cam covers off once to paint them but thats as opened as it got, everything else is as it left the factory..

unopened to me is about strength.. while cams are a bolt on almost anyone can do.

the real money is in building the bottom end.

How much do you think the cams are adding to your power figure?

But yeah I always have thought of cams as a bolt on, albeit pretty much the last one you can do before cracking her open.

How much do you think the cams are adding to your power figure?

But yeah I always have thought of cams as a bolt on, albeit pretty much the last one you can do before cracking her open.

With a direct comparison to my car we found the cams added around 10-12kw to the identical car and mods..... So not a huge increase. Mid range is meaty though!

In most cases when raving about turbocharged stock motor power numbers cams have been accepted as an acceptable upgrade. The turbo itself will have a much bigger affect on airflow and power levels and no one raises an eyebrow at that one. What the bottom end has held together for is the magic, for me :) Especially if not a nuke...

I seem to remember some guy years back that came on here with the username "LNEMUP" or something to that effect and was crowing about this crazy 700hp+ monster turbo stock 25 he had.

He basically took every question people asked about his setup being legit personally, got into tons of e-beefs with everyone on the thread and then subsequently got banned or something.