SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Injectors are reaching their limit for E85, I upgraded my fuel pump tihs week from a walbro 255 to 400 to handle the E85. More of a bandaid till i have the $$ for a full external setup.

255 fuel pump was maxing out with the car makeing 405hp and a mix of 70% pump98 and 30% E85. to get the full benefits of e85 it needed changing

With the Haltech sensor i can now run any blend of pump to E85 i like and the tune will change accordingly.

Yep that is fair enough man! I went through all the same stuff.... Went from a 34GTR pump to 1x044 internal but maxed it out at 350kw and now have 2x044 external and a lift pump etc... They are staged through the Haltech so that both pumps arent working flat out all the time, it is a VERY impressive setup made by JEM.

And yep, i run the Haltech/Zeitronix flex fuel setup too! You will love it.

Hopefully i will! Worst part for me is E85 isnt readily available around me. Ive bought a 200L Barrel of sucrogen E85 and thats what the car was tuned on. Fuel Economy is what I'm interested in. how long does a tank last you? as in a day out at powercruise/powerplay?

Im also interested to see what gains i would get from high mounting it and externally gating it.

Edited by SCR48

Hopefully i will! Worst part for me is E85 isnt readily available around me. Ive bought a 200L Barrel of surgeon E85 and thats what the car was tuned on. Fuel Economy is what I'm interested in. how long does a tank last you? as in a day out at powercruise/powerplay?

Im also interested to see what gains i would get from high mounting it and externally gating it.

Mine isnt a good indication as we have had some injector issues causing all sorts of drama's, it is NOW finally sorted and was meant to be on the dyno yesterday but am still waiting.

I have got around 400km off a tank on light cruise on E70 BUT i have also got 220km off a tank in full thrash mode so mine isnt the best indication as yet! I should be able to give you a firm answer in a couple of weeks tho :)

I would imagine if you maintain the 24psi you would get nearly the same result as me IF you have similar cams or around 345kw without cams..... That is what i have seen in my experiance anyway :)

In terms of Powerplay etc you should go through the whole day with no issue on E85 as you arent holding full boost for long periods

hey man if you have problems with the 400 intank i would go twin 255 intanks i had a 400 in mine making same power on only 18psi, the 400 shit it self and we found going the twin 255 pumps there is alot less current draw on the pump wiring the wiring was getting very hot, i also put a relay to the pumps

Injectors are reaching their limit for E85, I upgraded my fuel pump tihs week from a walbro 255 to 400 to handle the E85. More of a bandaid till i have the $$ for a full external setup.

255 fuel pump was maxing out with the car makeing 405hp and a mix of 70% pump98 and 30% E85. to get the full benefits of e85 it needed changing

With the Haltech sensor i can now run any blend of pump to E85 i like and the tune will change accordingly.

Very surprised by overall gains

fwiw nismo intank can flow enough for most unopened 25 applications

What sort of flow do they have? I've seen them on some decent power cars but never knew what they were really capable of?

My fuel system is old school pumps but an epic setup!

I believe they are rated to about 275 LPH but actually reach those claims at real world voltages and boost pressures, unlike the walbro that does it at higher voltage without boost pressure. At least that's what my mechanic at the time explained it as. I've had a walbro on my old car's rb25 setup, and on this car, and I now have a Tomei one, and the Tomei one far outflowed the walbro on the like-for-like setup.

My tuner tested my current one in front of me by pulling off the fuel rail feed and letting the pump feed the fuel into a measuring cup for 30 seconds to extrapolate the flow it could produce for my current e85 setup (since it needs more volume) and it was sufficient for the power aims I'm going for.

But I reckon if I was shooting 350+ like yours Mat, I'd need a massive jump in fuel system setup. Kind of like reaching the limit of stock turbo power and having massive expenditure to go to the next level. But I'm yet to see another single swimmer pump outperform it as a drop in for stock.

I believe they are rated to about 275 LPH but actually reach those claims at real world voltages and boost pressures, unlike the walbro that does it at higher voltage without boost pressure. At least that's what my mechanic at the time explained it as. I've had a walbro on my old car's rb25 setup, and on this car, and I now have a Tomei one, and the Tomei one far outflowed the walbro on the like-for-like setup.

My tuner tested my current one in front of me by pulling off the fuel rail feed and letting the pump feed the fuel into a measuring cup for 30 seconds to extrapolate the flow it could produce for my current e85 setup (since it needs more volume) and it was sufficient for the power aims I'm going for.

But I reckon if I was shooting 350+ like yours Mat, I'd need a massive jump in fuel system setup. Kind of like reaching the limit of stock turbo power and having massive expenditure to go to the next level. But I'm yet to see another single swimmer pump outperform it as a drop in for stock.

I had the option to stay at the power level and keep the fuel system as the limiting factor BUT i needed head room incase of issues etc..... Mainly for safety SO i took the leap and went all out with the system as i knew this car would be with me for as long as i can physically drive it ;)

It was dissapointing to find once it was done the turbo was out of puff and i gained 5kw :P lolz.... But with all things, that will be temporary for sure! The car hasnt managed to stay in one configuration for long and i dont see this setup staying for too long either, i DO however know its nearly perfect so any change will be minor :yes:

Hahaha bet you were loving the smell and power ;)

With only one or two ppl in the car it awesome, hoever had to drive up the coast with 4 ppl and a heap of shit in the boot so it was weighed down a lot and the motor really had to work..

nismo overengineer / under rate their equipment...

my car made 325rwkw on e85 with nismo 555cc injectors @ 92%

as far as i'm aware no one else has come close with 555's

Wow that's interesting, were yours definitely yellow top Nismos? I can't help but think mine would have struggled to do that.