SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

GTX35 is an awesome turbo but it only belongs on an RB25 with 2bar of boost

^^ This, otherwise you went too large on your turbo.

It's capable of 430kw at least, hanging off a factory manifold with a gutfull of ethanol...

• Like 1

Yes there is either a problem with the wastegate or the rear houseing is not a good match for the turbo. Not worried about it for now bit over it gor now. Was advised by so called people on here to go with .82 rear. Wishing I stuck to my guns and put a .63 on it. Leaving it like this till I bolt my forged 3lt bottom end together. I agreed it should be making more power. Will be changing tuners thats for sure.

^^^ Told him to stick with the GTX3071R but didn't listen!

Picked up the GTX35R for a good price so couldn't turn it down.

Told him not to go .63 he DID listen but still insists on using the .63 even after the entire internets has agreed with me lol.

The 3071 woulda smacked that all over ball park mate and it'd be on song 2000+rpm earlier! :(

Lead a horse to water......

Only grabbed the 35 as im building a 30 bottom end. Otherwise yes would of stayed with the 3071. The 35r should be able to make full boost by 45 to 4700rpm. That I could live with on a 25 bottom end. This is just ridiculous at 6000rpm. Something is not right.Currently doing investigation to find out why. First thing I'm looking at is the wastegate then I will be having the turbo inspected to see if any problems with it. There is no gas leaks I can see or hear.

Thats a low 9 sec turbo on e85 in a lc with a 3.0bottom and auto

with a bigger housing.

dont blame the tuner..its highly obvious that your problems are elsewhere... The tuners job is to tune what comes in..its the person who put it togethers problem.

If its auto then id take a gtx3582 over a gtx3071 anyday

people have to remember it aint in a manual r33/34...

massive difference..

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31
  • Like 1

Found the problem. Roll pin in v band had partly fallen out. This alooud an exhaust leak in an area where it was unable to find. Bugger. Now when I fix it I will need a retune. Just hoing to fit a screamer pipe instead of plumb back as I think this might be part of the problem too putting extra presure on the clamp.

Sweet..put 35psi in it now ..lol..

f**k of the plumb back crap...otherwise it will just cause you

to wonder where your powers going at a later date when you turn it up..

Cheers

Darren

Edited by jet_r31
  • Like 1