SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Haha and what did someone say about the power curve. 422.3rwhp

Wow. Not flaming but that is truly horrible. Compare it to this, smaller turbo but more power and WAY more response. (Sorry about the terrible photo) post-95739-14322749726741_thumb.jpg

Built 3L bottom end or not, get rid of that turbo and get something good from Hypergear

• 5 months later...

Mine is getting tuned on the 20th. She will crank 300 and unopened apart from pon cams. Will update when I have it back in my hands if she doesnt kick a leg out the bed!!

Looks like I'm unable to make anymore power, I added in 4 degrees of timing and it only made 327kW so I backed it off and ended with 325kW

Tried more boost, but it did do much except give me a little more torque and a glowing gate lol.

There's a chance this motor has had it as I lifted the head at a track day a couple of months back.

(oh yeah, I had semi slicks on which generally reads lower on the dyno)

If anyone is interested, I've got data logs from runs on the dyno.

post-22311-0-81070600-1447483707_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Quick question about those GTS-R exhaust manifolds , tube size wise they must be large enough not to restrict an RB25 .

What do people think about using these with an IW GT3076R in an R33 ?

Cheers A .

You lost me at internal gate. :P

• Like 1

I am only guessing here but I'm saying my restriction is going to be my Kakimoto exhaust, I have a TD06 20G with the gate welded off the side so I didn't spoil the manifold.

Will wait and see what results mine spits out in 5 days.. And if the exhaust manifold is upto the task or not.

Quick question about those GTS-R exhaust manifolds , tube size wise they must be large enough not to restrict an RB25 .

What do people think about using these with an IW GT3076R in an R33 ?

Cheers A .

I am only guessing here but I'm saying my restriction is going to be my Kakimoto exhaust, I have a TD06 20G with the gate welded off the side so I didn't spoil the manifold.

Will wait and see what results mine spits out in 5 days.. And if the exhaust manifold is upto the task or not.

Have you had a look inside your Kakimoto Muffler? My old kakimoto has 3 inch to 3.5 inch piping but shrinks to 2.25 inch at the muffler. The Resonator is also the same. The cable tie is measured 2.5 inch. As you can see the Kakimoto ones shrink down even more :(

post-81658-0-45932700-1447578540_thumb.jpgpost-81658-0-89802500-1447578536_thumb.jpg

My car now has a HKS Hi Power Silent catback and it shrinks to 2.5 inch on the resonator and muffler.

I need something else. My old XForce one shrunk to 2.75 ~_~ come on!

post-81658-0-93038700-1447578538_thumb.jpg

My dyno graph shows the HKS catback restricts about 16 kW and 187 rpm response. That's with my screamer pipe already relieving pressure.

I'm sure 2.25 inch would suffer more. Even worse if the gate is plumed back or internal.

post-81658-0-90952300-1447578525_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

thats good power from 2.5inch, my resonator must be same cause on 98 i couldnt get more than 280kw with 3076, will get that chopped now after seeing this...

I think though, that having it go down in size in the muffler probably gives it a better sound, I've heard/read about this creating the best exhaust sound, quieter on low engine speed and angry at top end cause of the higher pressure/speed of the gas..

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

Can't believe people still pay top dollar for big name brand exhausts when they are all known to have step downs and all sorts of restrictions.

Custom exhaust with your own choice of cat and mufflers every day of the week, it's a real no brainer.

What muffler though??? I looked around and no one advertises any photos of muffler internals, only tip size and inlet size. Was thinking to straight pipe my resonator and put on a good muffler, but couldnt find one.

I was quoted $1600 for a 3.5 inch custom exhaust, but was out of my budget with my new setup.

thats good power from 2.5inch, my resonator must be same cause on 98 i couldnt get more than 280kw with 3076, will get that chopped now after seeing this...

I think though, that having it go down in size in the muffler probably gives it a better sound, I've heard/read about this creating the best exhaust sound, quieter on low engine speed and angry at top end cause of the higher pressure/speed of the gas..

I previously hit 295 kw with my old setup and was hoping for over 300 like what others got with the same turbo. I only realized later that it's all because of the kakimoto resonator! Have a look inside before you chop it. Might not be the same. What exhaust?

Yes, the step downs make it quiet and better sounding. Kakimoto was too restrictive and too quiet, and it gave a "SHHHHHH" noise on WOT. The HKS one sounds real nice and soothing, even on WOT. I might keep it and install a exhaust cutout just for track days.

Edited by statue

Just measured mine and the rear muffler definitely doesnt step down below 3 inch. If anything the "muffler mesh" gets slightly larger inside. I cant say what the ressie looks like inside but mine is bran new maybe a rejigged exhaust over the years?