SAU Community

300Kw Unopened 25 Club...

Yep I remember that, a mate of mine did similar - well more the doing mid 10s and 400kw on a stock motor (with just pump gas, no nitrous oxide, I must add) thing that the crowing and being banned thing :)

This car has flawless victory, however:

Yellow pages says the business still exists.

Funny to hear what happened to him in the end.. I have a few things in common with him.. A name, bit of an attitude problem and around the same time for the same reason we both... Well I wont say.

Hi, I'm Scott.

Somewhere in one of the threads around this time it came up....I can't remember which one but I am pretty sure it was alleged but can't remember if it was confirmed.

Much of what was said about making power still rings true. Power is relatively easy, longevity is harder.

totally... I think both the Simon's (R32 and S14) are good examples of high power, longevity and hard use.

My last one lasted 3 years getting pushed pretty hard at this power and that was a 200,000+ motor that had god knows what happen to it in japan (car had harness marks, camera mount marks, the turbo was clearly either returned to stock or had been popped/replaced and repair work to both rear 1/4's)

I think it is safe to say that if you get a fresh-ish 25 and it's mainly street use, (and you service/tune it appropriately / look after it) there is nothing to say you cant enjoy being in the 300 club for a long time... you just have to be prepared that there is a chance it will let go. And if it's tracked regularly, then you need to be prepared that it will most probably let go... but then again, a built motor can let go too...

I have 2 mates that have 300kw built RB's and they have been through 6 motors between them over the last 5 years... I have pushed that power out of stockers and bolt on's and I only used 2. not true of all examples, but definately food for thought if anyone is reading this and trying to make the descision

I assume the only weak point for now is the HG and if that goes I'll replace it on mine, if for some reason it's more terminal than that then I'll likely throw another stocker in its place...

The NEO is a tough bit of gear and I hope it holds up :yes: