SAU Community

V-E-D-A To Override Revs

GTR-N1

The VEDA System is already operating, but officially, REVs which was a state database will be superceded in 3 days' time by a National System.

1300.921.621 is their phone number from 8.30am-6pm Mon-Fri (excluding public holidays).

VEDA is a National Database that for $3.70, supplies you with a cross-reference of REVs, Vcheck, Glasses Guide, National Vehicle Information System (NVIS) & Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries.

ADVANTAGES are...

1) Minimise Risk and Fraud :- Approx 130,000 vehicles are registered on the Written Off Vehicle Register each year. These vehicles can be repaired or rebirthed using a different VIN

2) Validate The Vehicle Components And Value:- VEDA Auto Reports include a Vcheck Report and can reduce the risk of fraud when buying, selling, financing or insuring a vehicle.

By just knowing the VIN, VEDA Auto can tell you...

* Vehicle Attributes ie. correct vehicle Make, Model and Variant

* Current Market Value

* If the vehicle has been written off, a repairable write off or flood damaged

* If the vehicle has been reported as stolen

* If the odometer appears legitimate upon re-registration

* If finance is owed on the vehicle

3) Verify That The Vehicle Actually Exists:- VEDA Auto's VIN Validation Service is the most accurate vehicle verification service in Australia.

It allows you to validate that the VIN of a vehicle is real and that the vehicle description matches that held by industry and government databases.

The service provides verification of make, model and year of manufacture as well as a current market valuation.

4) REVs - Register of Enumbered Vehicles:- VEDA Auto provides you with a simple and easy to use interface to search and manage the financial interests of a vehicle.

* REVs Lookup - a check for financial encumberances lodged against the vehicle

* REVs Enquiry - provides details of any encumberances lodged against the vehicle

* REVs Certificate - provides details of the financial encumberances + legal protection against legal repossession due to previous owner's unpaid debt

* Encumberance Management - allows you to lodge, amend and remove encumberances with REVs

VEDA Auto can help you to reduce your overall vehicle searching costs. The REVs Lookup and Enquiry service means that by switching to VEDA Auto, you can reduce your REVs search costs by up to 50%

5) VEDA Auto Report:- The VEDA Auto Report which includes a Vcheck Report, is Australia's most comprehensive Report on the history of used vehicles no matter what state they've been registered in.

It can help you reduce the risk associated with buying, selling, financing or insuring a used vehicle.

Compiled using information from the NVIS and several industry and government databases the VEDA Auto Report is presented in the one easy to read format and contains information including...

* Vehicle identification and description

* REVs Lookup - check for financial encumberances

* Written Off Vehicle check

* Stolen Vehicle check

* Vehicle sales listings

* Current market valuation

* Repairable Write Off check

* Pollution and Emissions ratings

* Safety Information including ANCAP rating

Terry Reporting ie. Don't Kill The Messenger!

Terry, just checking, you did pit the decimal in the correct spot.

$3.70

Don't know if you'll know, but:

will the report be admissible like the current revs purchased document?

It would he nice to have one register for all cars, rather than state by state.

Let's hope they make it easy to access, and not screw it up.

Hi Luke,

There are already typos in their Précis and I cleaned them up for this thread but yes... as you alluded to...

VEDA Auto is a National Agency and as such according to a SMH reporter, a particular car with a shady history in a different or even other states (plural) will be picked up.

It couldn't have happened sooner to detect dodgy cars as they're resold.

But it doesn't prevent the initial scam of a scheister importer registering a car for the first time and rewinding the odometer in order to bump up the selling price.

It was an SMH reporter that cited the cheap $3.70 VEDA Auto fee.

And the VEDA Auto report will draw from other databases besides REVs > has more clout.

Used Car Dealerships are using VEDA now, and we also have official access after January 31st 2012!

More News...

NSW Gov't Fair Trading announces that REVs will be replaced by their own system on 30th January 2012 by

"PPSR" a new national Personal Propert Securities Register.

More on this post when I get time! > Hold on......

But Just assume for the moment that VEDA Auto will be better than PPSR.:whistling:

So I believe this is similar to the CarHistory website (www.carhistory.com.au) which has been running for a little while ("Part of the Veda group" it says on the website).

I used CarHistory when buying a car recently from Vic; was very useful and even showed kms at certain milestones like change of ownership (not every single one, but a few at least).

Everyone should be using this system when buying *any* car.

This system sucks, makes my car buying even more difficult.

I liked Vicroads system before, it's easier to know when it's listed as written off/encumbrance without paying $25 every time. Call me what ever you want but when you've got bucketloads of cars, you'd want to save time and money.

And I'd have to ask every seller for VIN number which could be difficult when the car is in interstate and majority of seller doesn't usually know what it means.

Just my 2 cents.

This system sucks, makes my car buying even more difficult.

I liked Vicroads system before, it's easier to know when it's listed as written off/encumbrance without paying $25 every time. Call me what ever you want but when you've got bucketloads of cars, you'd want to save time and money.

And I'd have to ask every seller for VIN number which could be difficult when the car is in interstate and majority of seller doesn't usually know what it means.

Just my 2 cents.

No one is making you pay the money to do the checks only have to do it for your own safety.

If you want to keep buying bucket loads of cars without checking VIN# or history feel free to do so one day you may end up with a nasty surprise

True, I'm just saying it's bit of pain in the ass over older Vicroads system where you can emilinate cars by doing their checks for free and information is displayed immedately and further info can be obtained by VSR certificate which is optional.

It means I'll have to do more work on buying cars than before, that is why I'm not a fan of newer system.

In NSW:-

NSW Gov't Fair Trading

Letter to all Used Car Dealers states...

REVS to be replaced by PPSR

The new national Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) will commence on 30 January 2012.

* The PPSR will replace the existing Register of Encumbered Vehicles (REVS) currently operating in NSW. From this date, the law will require you to possess a PPSR certificate stating that a securities check has been completed, rather than a REVS certificate.

* The PPSR is part of the national reform process that brings the different Commonwealth, State and Territory laws and registers regarding personal property security interests under one national system.

* From 30 January, you will be able to search the national register online at www.ppsr.gov.au or by calling 1300.007.777. To search the register, you will need to provide the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or chassis number. The search will provide information on whether there is any registered debt or other interest against the vehicle. The search will also create a request for information from the National Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information (NEVDIS), which will provide written off and stolen status as well as information on make, model, colour and other vehicle information.

* As part of the move to the PPSR, the current prescribed motor dealer forms you are required to complete when trading a vehicle (ie forms 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8) will be amended to remove references to REVS. While this is a relatively minor amendment, it is important that the forms you use reflect the change in the legislation. Fair Trading understands that some motor dealers will have a supply of old stock that they may wish to use. If you are using hardcopy forms that do not contain a reference to the new register, then simply cross out REVS and replace it with PPSR. This should omly be a short term solution and all motor dealers are encouraged to update the forms they use as soon as possible. Details of the prescribed forms as set out in the Motor Dealers Regulation 2010 are available from the NSW Government's legislation website www.legislation.nsw.gov.au