SAU Community

A 9 sec car... is it really one

2rismo have you seen them personally.

If not how can you say weather they are or not.

You tell me which VL that runs 9z that you have seen a roller bearing turbo on.

As far as i am aware there is not one 9sec VL in sydney so you must ha ve seen a victorian car im presuming.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2rismo have you seen them personally.

If not how can you say weather they are or not.

You tell me which VL that runs 9z that you have seen a roller bearing turbo on.

As far as i am aware there is not one 9sec VL in sydney so you must ha ve seen a victorian car im presuming.

I think if you use your brain you'll realise that the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

Vic and SA have more AND faster VL's than the rest of the country.

Check your facts.

Adrian

Which of the below top 20 VL Commodores in Aus use bush bearing and which use roller-bearing turbos?

Well?

Adrian

-------------------

1 VIC Vas Stojanovski Calais RB30t 29x10.5 8.658 160.80 Calder Park

2 VIC Ben Viceconte Commodore RB26/30t 26x10 9.09 160.37 Heathcote

3 VIC Allan Rajab Calais RB30t 28x11.5 9.32 150.00 Heathcote

4 VIC Chopa Trtovac BT1 RB30t 26x10 9.32 148 Calder Park

5 VIC Danny Bresciani BT1 RB30t 26x10 9.34 148 Calder Park

6 VIC Roger Debono BT1 RB30t 26x10 9.539 144.09 Heathcote

7 VIC Nick Josevski BT1 RB30t 26x10 9.62 143.45 Calder Park

8 VIC Eddie Rajab Commodore RB30t 26x10 9.63 141 Calder Park

9 VIC Jim Commodore RB30t 26x10 9.63 137 Heathcote

10 VIC Darko Todevski Calais RB30t 26x10 9.65 142.72 Heathcote

11 VIC Allan Rajab Calais RB30t 26x10 9.67 143.8 Heathcote

12 VIC Allan Rajab Commodore RB30t 26x10 9.83 137 A.I.R

13 VIC Allan Rajab Commodore RB30t 26x10 9.84 140 Calder Park

14 VIC Terry Sakr Calias RB30t 26x10 9.91 135 Heathcote

15 VIC Ben Viceconte Calais RB30t 26x10 9.95 139 Calder Park

16 VIC Anthony Depietro Calais RB30t 26x10 10.06 136 Calder Park

17 VIC Danny Bresciani Calais RB30t 26x10 10.18 127 Heathcote

18 VIC John Bresciani Calais RB30t 26x10 10.23 131 Heathcote

19 QLD Jim Whitehurst Calais RB25/30t 26x10 10.28 131 Willowbank

20 N.S.W Steven Sotiropoulos Calais RB30t 28x9 10.294 130.28 W.S.I.D

-----------------------

You have to remember all these 9sec VL's run very large non roller bearing turbo's with large exhaust housings so once they start catching onto the roller bearing turbo train then i think alot of these prolonged spooling times will be alot less if not non existent.

how can you say something like this? I dont know how possible you could say all the quick VL's in Australia use non roller beaing turbos? its like saying that all SAU members uses nothing but ball bearing turbos.

Dont you think if what your saying about spooling times being non-existent if they used roller bearing turbos, they would have done it a long time ago? Sorry but i find what your saying very hard to beleive..

apon doing a google search, first on the list was this

http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featureca...003/vl_vas.html

runs a Garrett TA45 which is in newer terms a GT45??

as per

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_turbo.htm (about 1/4 down the list)

Ball Bearing Turbos

Garrett GT42 Ball Bearing Turbo (TA45 - TA51) Fr. $4,070.00

Sorry to spoil your fun gents but no that car in the link above does NOT run a roller bearing turbocharger and thats the fastest vl turbo in Australia and i know that for FACT.

neither does 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,and so on up to 19th position on that above list but then again you'd know and im wrong right??(dont know the last guy coz we dont do his turbocharger)

I think if you use your brain you'll realise that the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

Nah mate i think the onus is on YOU to prove me wrong as i know for FACT they ARE NOT roller bearing turbochargers on them.

If you were in melbourne i would show you personally whats used and dont worry there are a few up and coming vl turbo's that are coming out with some large BB turbo's so i can virtually garantee you these ridiculous spool times you currently see will be cut in half and more than likely vanish over time altogether as they get more and more into them and work out whats ideal for optimum performance and spooltime.

And judd the roller bearing TA45/51 units are relatively new and untested on vl's as yet not many owners want to fork out such a large price for them as you can get the same spec unit in bush type for 1/2 and the price there fully rebuildable.

The BB side of things is just starting to catch on just wait a little while and see.

Sammut brothers 300zx used to run 7.8's @ over 178mph with a SOHC RB30 and powerglide transmission with old twin bush type bearing turbochargers(non intercooled) on shitty old mechanical fuel injection and that was more than 5+ years ago. Fastest GTR in the world today with its featerweight body superior AWD all its super duper electronical and mechanical gadgetry with a superior DOHCams and 24valves can only muster a just slightly faster 7.5@181mph.

Whats the relevance of this you say WELL they had 2 smaller turbochargers and worked hard on there turbocharger selection and had it so down pat that it would take 1 hell of a LARGE single roller bearing turbocharger to get the spool time these guys were getting hell they could even leave all the supercharged outlaw V8's for dead and did so for 4 seasons in a row showing that not only is the RB30 a weapon of an engine but also if correctly fitted with the right turbo compressor/exhaust housing combination it would practically have no laggy spooltimes.

Nah mate i think the onus is on YOU to prove me wrong as i know for FACT they ARE NOT roller bearing turbochargers on them.

Riiiggghhhhttt..... You don't have particularly good reading comprehension do you? All you had to say was that you worked for a company that had something to do with most of the cars in my list.

No need to be a fu(king smartarse!

The rest of your post reads like a "Leave us and our shitty plain bush bearing diesel truck turbos alone" whine that we're more than familiar with.

Adrian

Having owned a low 11 sec VLt a few years ago , i can offer my perspective to help further this discussion .

The car was equiped with a TO4e turbonetics plain bearing (360 thrust) turbo capable of getting the car to run a 11.3 at 124mph at 20spi . Yes it did take about 30 secs to get the car on boost , by on boost i mean 14psi at 3200rpm on the brake(inc. handbrake) which by trail and error was the optimum launch power , i discovered this after a few calder nights . Having entered a few heads-up racing events ( coming second) it took some practice to launch correctly put that was it just some practice. The current range of 9 sec VL's do take what seems a long time to get on the converter and i dont see any of them entering bracket racing inc. vas' vl who i know personally.

Having said that the car would run a mid 12 on street tyres at the track and even slower on the street , it did struggle to stay with mild rexies to 100km/h but obviously after that it would pass most vehicles on the road . Any rwd car that runs over 120mph will always struggle with putting power down , but run one of these on the roll and you have bucklys chance.

adam

Riiiggghhhhttt..... You don't have particularly good reading comprehension do you?  All you had to say was that you worked for a company that had something to do with most of the cars in my list.

No need to be a fu(king smartarse!

The rest of your post reads like a "Leave us and our shitty plain bush bearing diesel truck turbos alone" whine that we're more than familiar with.

Adrian

Me being a smartass lol pull your head outa your ass you moron and listen instead of being the know it all ****in dickhead you seem to be from just reading your reply's.I said i know for FACT where as you have never seen them personally yet you deem to know thay are.lol

Your telling me your 100% sure you KNOW these cars runs BB turbochargers when in fact your from a totally different state have probly never gave them a 2nd glance and basically dont know shit about them but your right yeh??lol

Hey some of these cars may run turbochargers that are basically deisel type bush turbochargers but you just cant handle the fact that most of these cars could afford to give your chunk of shit high 11sec GTsT a good head start and just when you think you'd have it won they would blow by you at a rate that will suck your doors off.

Dont bother replying coz i wont be returning to even bother reading your shit you wanker.

Nor will you be returning to this forum.

You're obviously the type of excellent contributor we appreciate on this forum. Thankyou.

Goodbye.

Adrian

GT42 can use TA45 -> 51 wheels on it, but the TA45 is a bush bearing turbo (an OEM truck turbo, how's that for another example of old wheels in a new ball bearing housing?).

There's a massive majority of quick VL's using bush turbos - at that level who wants to fork out another 2K to upgrade to ball bearing when that would take care of your complete rear end/computer/some-other-expensive-part?

I pointed out that the onus was on him to prove that EVERY 9second VL ran a bush bearing turbocharger.

The thing is, he actually did (if we believe him) prove it and could've let it lie. But he had to be a dick about it. I said that he HAD proven what he'd claimed but that there was no need to be a smartarse.

The following is nothing to do with owning someone with facts:

pull your head outa your ass you moron and listen instead of being the know it all ****in dickhead you seem to be
Dont bother replying coz i wont be returning to even bother reading your shit you wanker.

Get it?

Adrian

ass moron ****in dickhead shit chunk of shit blow suck shit you wanker.

actually, i think he's got you figured out :)

oh, btw, is a car that makes 200 rwkw at 5500rpm in 4th gear really a 200 rwkw car?

ha ha ha :freak:

Oh Mark.... you've got me all figured out dont ya? You dirty bogans really know how to charm a guy! :)

Back on topic, anyway. Does your car make that power atmo? What stall do you use in the LX?

Adrian

not my car, it only has 3 gears. lol

3500 rpm stall 4.11 diff gears. i'm aiming for about 300 rwhp N/A

have you heard anything about southern motor works at albion park? a mate reckons they would be good to tune my car.

KEwl. 300hp in your car on slicks should be an 11 shouldn't it?

Jason Micalleff owns and operates Southern Motor Works. He has built, tuned and driven an 8 second torana. He owns a dyno.

I guess he'd be a good tuner. Bring your $$$ though. Someone has to pay for his Bright Yellow GALARDO!

:)

Adrian