SAU Community

Need Some Info On Injectors

miga24

Hey Fellas, i recently had some trouble with my coilpacks, the car was drinking lots of fuel and would get chocked up in high revs i was also getting about 300km per tank of fuel max, i changed the coils to spitfires and the fuel improved to 400+km per tank, and the performance was incredible, so smooth and i can squeeze so much more out of each gear.

now!. i think i can improve my fuel consumption and performance hopefully by changing the injectors. right now i have stock ones and the area around them always looks a bit moist as if they are leaking or something of that nature.

i have no idea about injectors tho and the whole 300cc, 500cc, 1000cc,

What is the stock CC for the R33 s2?

What will give me good fuel economy and performance?

Any good brands?

thanks guys

Stockers are 370cc. You do know if you go bigger injectors you will need an aftermarket ECU and a tune to suit (1000+).

If they are leaking from the rubber o-ring, you are better off replacing those o-rings.

yeah i have replaced the O2 sensor, didnt seem to do much tho. o-rings and a clean sounds good, since the other options are a bit expensive for now.

i want to do a NIStune but its a bit expensive, anyone had it done??

well i wasnt sure thats why i asked, i know a while back i got quoted around $1300 for a NIStune, so i thought since the coilpacks made such a big diferance at low cost, perhaps better injectors will help also

well i wasnt sure thats why i asked, i know a while back i got quoted around $1300 for a NIStune, so i thought since the coilpacks made such a big diferance at low cost, perhaps better injectors will help also

A good tune is probably the BEST thing you can do for your car. You'll get more power, better drive-ability and a LOT better fuel consumption. I'm making almost 400rwhp and I still get 550kms to a tank. Best I ever got when my car was stock was about 350.

Injectors will do the opposite, if not make your car undriveable without a tune. As Bob said, better off just getting your injectors cleaned and replacing the O-rings. Still highly recommend getting a tune though.

Damn! 550km @400rwhp thats worth a look into, did u get a tune up or get the NIStune thing?

I think you need to understand what people here mean by "tune". It's not like the old days when a "tune up" meant the mechanic would fiddle with all the mixture screws and linkages and pump jets whatnot on the carby, clean/file/replace and set the points and so on. All the little work that made the car's various control systems (such as they were) go back to being in proper spec. In those days your car could get a new lease on life after a tune up because over time all those things would vibrate and wear and block up and so on until they weren't working right.

In a modern car, most of that doesn't happen. Plug leads and plugs may age out and need replacing, throttle bodies might benefit from a clean out, but there's not a lot else that you can do that is akin to a "tune up" from the old days.

BUT......a "tune", now that's a different story. Nissan ECUs aren't reflashable off the factory floor (like many other cars these days are). So the minimum way to make a Nissan ECU tunable is to replace the chip in it with a Nistune board that effectively turns the ECU into a fully realtime programmable ECU. You can do it to pretty much all of them, except the R33 ECU, which you have use an ECU from another car for and do some fiddling. Or, you buy an aftermarket ECU. When you tune the ECU, either just retuning on a stock engine to take out all the extra fuel that the Nissan tune has in it (and make the ignition timing more agressive) or do a complete tune to suit a modified engine, you will make the car use the minimum (safe) amount of fuel for the work it has to do. That's all.

yeah i know what a ture is, its much different from me taking things appart on a weekend and screwing around just because its fun, what i was getting at was did he get the nistune programed into the ECU since it is fairly new or did he go with the regular tune and dyno that every jap car gets whether its a nissan or subaru etc

what i was getting at was did he get the nistune programed into the ECU since it is fairly new or did he go with the regular tune and dyno that every jap car gets whether its a nissan or subaru etc

I still don't think you understand. There is no "regular tune and dyno that every jap car gets whether its a nissan or subaru". What did you mean by that?

And more to the point....he's making 400rwhp.. Of course his car has been tuned. That's not going to happen on an untuned factory ECU now, is it? Whether he has a Nistune conversion in his ECU or he's got an aftermarket ECU really doesn't make any difference to the fact that one way or another, his cas has been "tuned".

Edited by GTSBoy