SAU Community

R34 Gtr Sedan Look Alike.

M O P S K I

Hey guys, I just bought an R34 GT Sedan, and as most of you know that they dont have that fat GTR look that 99% of ppl on here just love!! So I was looking at a URAS rear fender kit Also door kit.

My aim is to have a look alike GTR sedan, as there arn't many around, and it would look TUFF!!

URAS KIT:

http://www.uras.co.jp/aero_image/IMG_0556.jpg

The kit gives it that fat look im after (definately not going to be badging it as a GTR), and since its a sedan, I havnt seen many 4 doors with the kits on, which brings me to a few questions.

1.) Has anyone used any of these kits before? if so, do they line up neatly? (will be fitted by a shop if purchased)

2.) Would GTR tail lights fit these? or would I need to replace the boot with a GTR boot.

3.) Bumper will most likely be changed to a GTR bumper, would it line up neatly?

4.) With the front end of the car, Would the bonnet also need to be changed? (GTR bumper will be fitted)

Thats all the questions i can think of for the moment.

I know most of you are probably going to say 'buy a gtr' but thats not wat im looking for.

Any information on these kits etc would be a great help!! thanks in advance.

M O P S K I

Ok mate, in short - the URAS kit is probably the only GOOD option you have for a wide-body look for a 4-door GTT. However, if you with the completed aggressive wide-body look of a GTR, there needs to be other factors you will need to consider to complete the look too;

- Flaring of rear/front guards

- Suitable wheels with good offset to fill guards and bring out tough stance

- A fair amount of custom bodywork to bring the car out more to give you that GTR look you are after

All of the above is assuming you want the GTR look. To answer some other questions you posted, no, a GTR bumper will not fit - you will need to raise your arches and guards etc as GTR's are wider as you already know. No, stock GTR bonnet will not fit, again, modifications to ensure the wider bonnet will fit. The boot will also need to be changed to accommodate the wider rear guards if you want the complete the GTR look. Yes, I believe GTR rear lights will fit as they are the same - but again, if you want to go GTR, the R34 GTR's have only 1 red light and 1 reversing light at the rear. Do your research for R34 GTR specs.

The kit you are after isn't bad and is for sale now locally on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com....e-/130493751164

You should have tried searching SAU, but for more info on a similar post, click here: http://www.skylinesa...-kit-4-r34-gtt/

Good luck.

cheers thanks for the info, it seems lyk a big job if done properly, with a big cost IMO,

I did search, yet didnt find any answers to my questions.

thanks again. :)

M O P S K I

Yeah with all this custom work - you have to be prepared to pay big bucks.

Cheers

hey mate

if you are interested i have a complete r34 gtr front end to fit gtt. check my topics. can send pics of my completed r34 gtt with gtr front end on if you want, and any info about it.(1500$firm) can source gaurds too for about anther 600$ if they are still available.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/391215-wana-make-ur-r34-gtt-look-the-goods/page__gopid__6234010

u will need gtr bonnet, gtr bumper, gtr bonnet hinges, gtr catch support, gtr brackets(headlight to bumper)

can use gtt gaurds no worries with gtr bonnet, u should get away with the gtt reo bar, or if your really fussy get a gtr one. Gtr gaurds can be fitted up no worries, you can buy gaurd raisers to make them fit to gtt, then you will have a complete gtr front. without the gaurds- with gtt gaurds-there are small gaps around headlights as the bumper being wider has to get pulled in to bolt down, but this isnt very noticable.

as for sideskirts with gtr gaurds, you can heat the plastic factory series2 skirts and then ben them to compensate for the new angle on the gaurds also, or purchas gtr pods and plastic weld to other skirts.

flared rear end, prepare for big $$$!!!

any quetions im happy to help out as i have i finnished proect here to go off. :) good luck