SAU Community

Info On Making My S1 Man

hi all i need some info from people that have made there stags man.

i am also fitting a R motor as well

i have seen the forms telling u whats involved but i want to know what ever will give me trouble.

i have been told this so far

the box tunnel is different to the auto. so man box wont fit straight in and hand brake as well

s2 man pedal box is different to s1 and wont just bolt in

some thing to do with the awd censer not fitting right

cred in perth was telling me i need a half cut to get body parts off to fit it all

i not want it to be doggy done but done good and right

Have you read this:

http://www.skylinesd...ead.php?t=51894

and this:

http://www.skylinesa...sion-checklist/

That pretty much covers it. Most of what you have been told is wrong. You don't need a half cut (the 260RS is built from an RS4T off the assembly line) just need (obviously) to cut a hole for the gearshift and weld the handbrake bracket on ...the GTR box will fit with a little jiggling - all the information is in the above links - its quite straightforward and can be done in a day or weekend if you have all the bits lined up. Best done with some mates - i have heard of some workshops charging ridiculous amounts of money to do it.

BTW if you are fitting an RB26 budget for a decent clutch and a brake and suspension upgrade so you can keep it on the road!

(Oh and one of my 300km/hr speedo kits!)

yer i have read the top form post befor.

i should also let u know i have a s1 rs4 if that will make things a little different or not?

i was planning on getting a s2 pedal box , clutch master cylinder and line.

would i still need the gtr brake booster? and need to recess the master back? being that i am also fitting a 26

What do you mean by a S1 RS4 - do you mean no turbo? If so you will have even weaker brakes but all the conversion stuff will be the same.

I used an R34 clutch pedal I think but without the power booster so no recessing.

Because of the Greddy copy FF plenum I had to use a stock R33 clutch master as the 33GTR or 34 one (I can't remember) was too long. That may or may not be the case with the RB26DETT plenum.

Your brake booster will be fine (check that you have a BM50 brake m/c). I used the stock set up when I changed to GTT brakes (good idea for you) but left the booster but changed the brake m/c to an R34GTR one (BM57) when I fitted the D2s

the box tunnel is different to the auto. so man box wont fit straight in..

Tunnel is the same, fits easily.

hand brake as well

Easy to get around, you need a hand brake mount out of a manual skyline and spot weld/rivet it onto your tunnel....

s2 man pedal box is different to s1 and wont just bolt in

You need R34 clutch master cylinder and pedal, it bolts right up ;-). take the boot of your auto brake pedal and grind it down and fit a r33 brake boot over when your done. Dont bother changing the brake pedal its a MASSIVE PAIN IN THE ASS

some thing to do with the awd censer not fitting right

Correct, depends which console you use but you'll need to move it slightly... its easy just put it out of the way

cred in perth was telling me i need a half cut to get body parts off to fit it all

i not want it to be doggy done but done good and right

Well if you dont want it done dodgy i wouldnt be taking it to CRED thats for sure!

I did mine myself on the shed floor on jackstands... Id never changed a clutch before and I didnt find it that hard, had minimal experience too as I was only 20 but I've always loved tinkering with stuff.

Heres a thread I made ; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/331327-my-manual-conversion-findings/page__hl__manual+conversion

feel free to ask for any help, best bet is to PM as ill get an email cos I dont frequent SAU that much anymore.....

What do you mean by a S1 RS4 - do you mean no turbo? If so you will have even weaker brakes but all the conversion stuff will be the same.

I used an R34 clutch pedal I think but without the power booster so no recessing.

Because of the Greddy copy FF plenum I had to use a stock R33 clutch master as the 33GTR or 34 one (I can't remember) was too long. That may or may not be the case with the RB26DETT plenum.

Your brake booster will be fine (check that you have a BM50 brake m/c). I used the stock set up when I changed to GTT brakes (good idea for you) but left the booster but changed the brake m/c to an R34GTR one (BM57) when I fitted the D2s

S1 = Series 1.

digiads_car_ads_96876_1.jpg

Rather than a Series Two:

2000_Nissan_Stagea_OTEKKU260RS.jpg

haha yer i know what s1 is mine is the first pic.

i not say that some 1 said that a s2 clutch pedal is no good no 1 say or not if it will fit easy.

was told to get a 34 gtt pedal and master cylinder. i was asking about the s2 as i have 1 lined up to buy and not want to get the wrong 1 that's all

I would assume that the S2 clutch pedal would fit perfectly. The reason everyone says R34 pedal is because Stagea clutch pedals S1 or S2 (I would expect they would be exactly the same ) are very rare and therefore not an easy option for most people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...