SAU Community

A Few 32 Q's

poo32

hey guy first post so gimme a break lol, I just got a 32 gtst w rb20,ok first thing is I plumbed the catch can properly ie t'd the pipes on the rocker covers and ran that to the can and the other pipe to the pcv, now its sucking air from where the dip stick is, to the point its still sucking when the engines turned off I know vaccume is good but geese, also its having trouble idleing, it revs erraticly sometimes and pops and farts, it has an exhaust leak at the dump would that do it? Any help will be appreicated, cheers.

your setup looks right, is ur dip stick poping out and if so it could be blow by (if u dont know what blow by is it is when ur rings r on ther way out and the boost pressure makes it way pass the rings and presurise the sump) if u think its that turn ur boost down ur boost might be to high for the age of the motor. and if u dont think its that f**ks me what it is ;p

your setup looks right,

Don't think so. The PCV should connect directly to the RH (driver's) rocker cover (as Nissan installed it). The other side of the can then connects to the intake pipe, just in front of the turbo.

Oh ok, so the pcv has nothing to do with the catch can? Also the idle things starting to annoy me :s the tps isnt working properly, it will read 10.8v or 13.4 nothing in between. Oh yea and it had engine oil inside it.

Oh ok, so the pcv has nothing to do with the catch can? Also the idle things starting to annoy me :s the tps isnt working properly, it will read 10.8v or 13.4 nothing in between. Oh yea and it had engine oil inside it.

You are sucking the catch can gasses into the plenum right? Put the PCV back and plumb the catch can into the turbo intake like it was before you stuffed around with it.

Yea its plumbed into the pcv, the can had a breather on it thats why I stuffed around with it lol. I just read an article about pcv valves on rb's and the fact there only open at idle/vacumm oh well lear from ya mistakes ay. Anyone with ideas on the idle situation?

Ive plumbed it properly now, plenum side to pcv, exh side to can, can to intake, now its hunting when I pull up, ie decelerate to idle. It pulls fine, turbo spools everything is good except the idle. Im thinking cas or someyhing :/

Have you checked for all your vac lines for leaks?My 32 almost stalls every time I pull up, and another guy I know his 32 did the same until he got a nistune.Maybe take the throttle body off & give it a clean out. Just an idea.