SAU Community

r33 gtst quest for 11s

some time in the not to dstant future i hope to perform the following mods to my currently stock r33 (besides zorst and springs) and get the thing doin 11s over the 1/4

garrett gt3040 600hp turbo

trbosmart 45mm waste gate

trust type r bov

100mm thick front mount

1.6mm head gasket

680cc injectors

044 bosch fuel pump

microtech

greedy profec b spec 2 boost controler

apexi air filter

brass button or twin plate clutch

maybe 250 degree cams

nittos

move throttel body to front of plenum

and later on forgies and maybe some slicks

this set up is much the same as the hpi r34 gtt , it runs 11.9 on nittos and has 296rwkw , hopefully my set up will give same or better results. any doos or dnts about my set up, wat do uz think bout it?

Can the turbo idea and fit the bottle up :)

Seriously though, with good rubber and good launch practise you should get there with that list mate :)

Good luck

Adrian

Power fc and tune $2000 tops

FMIC $1300 for a 1/2 decent one

Turbo back exhaust $1300

Nitrous kit & instalation $2000 tops with tune plus ongoing cost of filling bottle

$100-$500 for decent rims for 16" tyres if thats what you use

$700-$900 for 16" drag radials

more then likely you should already have exhaust or fmic in which I'd spend the money left from that on camber kit, pineapples etc to help with launch

So easily no more then $8000

So easily no more then $8000

Perspectives have changed in more than a few peoples minds lately, hey?!?!? Not just yours Brett, you know the number of pm's and emails i've had? It's just amazing. Like you said, makes ya look at any 33 gtst with a front mount and exhaust a little differently...

Adrian

Nah Adrian I still think its false power because you can't use it all the time and don't think adding it to a car would add value to the car the way a after market turbo kit would, but if its just a quick fix and fast time you want its the way to go for sure, but as you know I'm a mod person so we'll all have different opinions which is fair enough

Brett

Cost using nitrous for 11's.

Nitrous Kit + fit = less than $2k

Big ass Fuel pump (needs to be big enough to feed the motor and the nitrous kit) = $500

Fuel pressure reg = $200

Pineapples (diff cradle kit) = $100

Drag radials = $700

New ceramic puck clutch plate (if your present one is factory organic) = $500

thats about $4k to do the 11's.

You don't need a fmic or even an aftermarket ecu. A second hand S-afc for $350 will be nice for off the gas but, otherwise not necessary.

Nah Adrian I still think its false power

WTF is false power?

and don't think adding it to a car would add value to the car the way a after market turbo kit would

So? I'm talking about peoples perspectives changing in regards to nitrous use at the drags (i.e quest for 11's). Who gives a sh1t whether it adds value to the car?!?!? That's all I meant.

quick fix and fast time you want its the way to go for sure

That's what he wanted.

but as you know I'm a mod person so

All of a sudden Nitrous isn't a modification?!?! WTF?!?!?

P.S. you're purple glowing name is ghey!

:(

Adrian

buster,

sadly didn't get to take the car to the strip before kangaroo's made me sell a few things to adrian.

I had plenty of fun none the less. From experience I'd say even with the 205's on the back I would have managed a very entertaining mid/low 12. I was running around double the shot of gas adrian was at one stage.

WTF is false power?

Maybe the wrong choice of word on my part, I meant I like my power all the time not JUST when I'm at the drags

That's what he wanted.

where does he state he wants a quick fix?

All of a sudden Nitrous isn't a modification?!?! WTF?!?!?

Once again I meant I like modifications that I gain from every time I drive the car, so I can enjoy the power all the time

So? I'm talking about peoples perspectives changing in regards to nitrous use at the drags (i.e quest for 11's). Who gives a sh1t whether it adds value to the car?!?!? That's all I meant.

I was only giving my perspective as you said

"Perspectives have changed in more than a few peoples minds lately, hey?!?!?"
and I was stating no it hadn't really in my mind as I like an 11 sec car all the time not only some of the time

No use in getting upset though, we can all have different opinions :P