SAU Community

r33 gtst quest for 11s

buster,

We all agree that your car only does 11's when you want it to. You decide when you'd like to go quick or if you'd like to putt around.

If you have the power under your foot you can choose to use it or not if you have a large turbo or an equivalent nitrous kit. It doesn't really matter. So in reality your car is only an 11 second car 'some of the time' and not all of the time regardless.

You will find the nitrous equiped car is much the same concept, just a different application.

Once you actually have owned a nitrous equiped car you will understand what I mean. So often is the case that people who don't struggle to grasp just how easy it is to activate and how long a tank actually does last driving around.

I think if you are in for circuit stuff then you won't get the same enjoyment out of a nitrous kit as a nice big turbo setup. But it still doesn't mean you can't have both. And when it comes to the straight line nitrous is alot cheaper and perhaps even a tad more fun.

buster,

didn't have a chance to do any timing device stuff. Was a week off going to the motorplex with the better part of 150hp shot when the roo's made the change of plan (no nitrous involved there).

The old bus had the go to do a high 12 without gas. It ran a 13.3 with a major tuning issue without gas and a 2.3 60ft (thanks to uneven inflation on the rear tyres) so I was guessing a mid to low 12 would be very easy. Pushing the envelope a little probably 11's but, that would have made it more of an iceskating run. I think I had an offer of some 540's for the day too so had it all come off maybe a low 11? You never know. The batton is passed to adrian now so I reckon he can get pretty close to a 10 with the same hit I used, well I hope he does anyway.

We all agree that your car only does 11's when you want it to. You decide when you'd like to go quick or if you'd like to putt around. If you have the power under your foot you can choose to use it or not if you have a large turbo or an equivalent nitrous kit. It doesn't really matter. So in reality your car is only an 11 second car 'some of the time' and not all of the time regardless.

True rev though I thought using nitrous was illegal to use on the street and would become very very expensive if you tried to use it all the time, my 11 sec car is an 11 sec car when ever and where ever I want it to be

You will find the nitrous equiped car is much the same concept, just a different application.

Yes I do agree it is at the strip or track but just having the power at the strip or track may not suit every one, like myself who enjoys the power all the time

Once you actually have owned a nitrous equiped car you will understand what I mean. So often is the case that people who don't struggle to grasp just how easy it is to activate and how long a tank actually does last driving around.

Once you've actually owned a GTST that runs 11's at 128mph without gas you might understand where i'm coming from as theres nothing like knowing you've got the power when ever and where ever you may need it

Buster,

Doing anything like an 11 second pass on the street is illegal too. I'm sure you aren't saying that you drive around the suburbs with full throttle every second of the way with a 2wd, you don't have a GTR so even if you wanted too it wouldn't happen. If you are responsible I guess the 11 second pass is only legal on the strip (or maybe darwin :P ).

I understand where you are coming from I've been there with other cars. And I'm probably going there again with the gtr.

As for knowing you've got the power " when ever or where ever you need it " , adrian will tell you (as I'm sure other people who have owned nitrous equiped cars would) this is his understanding about his car too. If thats your bottom line there isn't a fig of difference, appart from an occasional tank refill.

I'm with the Nitto's on this one guys! ROFL... (wtf does that mean!??!?!)

I dunno about this low ten b.s. though, rev.... It's a long way from 11.959 down to 10.anything :D

Adrian

• 1 month later...

How drivable on the street will an r33 gtst be that runs 11's?

Reason is, that i'm looking at buying a stock one, and achieving low 13's... Nothing huge...

Just wanna know about the drivability of an everyday driver from a street car that runs 11's...

A stockish R33 gtst can do the low 13's. Add gas and you have the power for 11's when you need it. My old car ran the same sort of kit as 2rismo with a larger shot. It was my work car and drove just as nicely as stock with great fuel ecconomy.

Wanna come over and take my car for a drive down the new WSID track rev210? I'll be stuffed if I can get a 13.9 out of it let alone a low 13.

:P